Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

nightmare

noun ~ a frightening or unpleasant dream

I was in the dark cellar again, unable to see my hand in front of my face. It was so cold, the air was biting into my bones. My feet and fingers turned numb, unable to regulate their temperature. I heard nothing through the thick walls, my senses still dulled.

I sat shivering, my body aching with the need to lie down. I had vomited all over myself until I couldn't vomit anymore. I haven't eaten in what must've been days, my stomach cramping and throat dry with thirst. My head could barely bend from the way it was secured into the wall, a mere inch or so slack allowed me to look down when I did get sick. I just wanted to lay down. Despite the darkness, my head span and made me feel like I was experiencing an out-of-body trip.

Since the darkness covered my senses, the sudden intrusion of glowing red startled me. A strangled gasp left my lips when the collar around my neck tightened. I was face to face with Master's angry, red eyes. He was glaring at me, the rest of his face dark and blurry in the darkened room.

"This will teach you." Master sneered.

His face became illuminated by a sudden glow and before I could react, he charged.

I screamed, jolting as his hands engulfed me. I begged with him to let me go, that I was sorry, but his grip on my wrists didn't falter. He pushed me down, shouting at me to calm down. How could I calm down? He was going to get me again, I just knew it. I couldn't trust his deadly sneer.

I kicked and pulled, trying to get rid of him with no use. He forced me backwards despite my thrashing and pinned my body beneath his. His hands moved from my wrists to hold my face and I whimpered, pulling my hands from his stomach to try and pry them off.

"Nova!" He begged. "Open your eyes!"

Open my eyes? How could I, when everything was black? Are they not already open?

"Nova!"

With a panicked cry, I blinked, trying to clear my mind. Dull light flooded my senses and I cried again, trying to wriggle out of his grip. The warming hands on my cheeks sudden moved, causing my eyes to dart upwards. My breath hitched in my throat as dark eyes stared down at me, his wavy hair falling in tendrils around his face.

"Phoenix?" I whispered.

He exhaled loudly, his body sagging with relief. "Nova."

"W-what..." I stammered.

It felt like my heart was in my throat, and I couldn't swallow past the fear. His fingers moved on my cheeks, creating the familiar buzzing warmth of our mate bond.

"Where did he go?"

"No one is here expect me, my love." He murmured, bending down to kiss my nose. "You were having a nightmare."

"Oh." I sighed.

It wasn't real. He wasn't here. He was locked up good, he couldn't come here.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded silently. "I'm going to move now."

Nodding again, he shifted his body from on top of mine. I licked my lips nervously, my throat parched just how it was in the drea-the nightmare.

"You're okay. You're safe." He murmured, pulling me back into his chest. "Can I get you anything?"

I whimpered, cuddling into his side. "Water."

"Okay. Give me one moment."

I watched silently as he slid from the bed to leave the bedroom. His footsteps were quiet and I only hoped that my screams of my dream were muffled through the soundproofed walls. I sat quietly as he disappeared into what I could only assume was the living space. There was a fridge in there, one I made him add when I became to lazy to go down three flights of stairs.