Wattpad Original
There are 57 more free parts

torn

verb ~ be in a state of uncertainty between two conflicting options

I found Pollux first. Molly nor Leo was here yet, so I assumed they were still in the packhouse. Pollux turned to me first, his lean body a stand out compared to the taller men lingering around. He had his hands buried into his jean pockets; a borrowed outfit I'm sure.

He quirked an eyebrow at me, casting a glance over my shoulder. "Trouble in paradise?"

I huffed, standing next to him with crossed arms. "I wouldn't say it's paradise..."

"What's wrong?" He wondered.

I sighed, looking at my twin with mixed emotions. He studied my face, a frown covering his own. He seemed to lean closer to me as he waited for me to answer.

"He's just..."I began, but paused, not wanting others to hear too much. "Overly protective."

Pollux snorted and I grumbled at him. "You could say that. Alpha male exhibit A."

"Not helping."

He dropped his smirk to study me once more. Eventually, he slid his hand out of his pocket and moved closer to wrap it around my shoulders. I froze at the contact, not used to Pollux being so embracing. When I didn't move away, he pulled me in close, enveloping me into his arms. I hesitated, before accepting the warming hug. I felt the weird sibling bond buzz between us, connecting us in a flash of warmth.

"That's not all that's on your mind." He mumbled, my head against his shoulder.

Pollux was a mere couple of inches taller, so it was rather comforting to embrace someone that wasn't huge in both directions. I sighed into him, taking in his sweeter smell. I gently pushed into his mind, waiting for him to accept my thoughts as I chose to speak to him privately.

I'm having some weird dreams...visions, I guess. I mumbled.

About what? He wondered, his arms tightening around me.

Mother dying. I saw a lot more...speech, this time around. I explained. And I can't shift the feeling something bad is to happen.

He grumbled, nuzzling his head into the side of mine. I have been having the same feelings. It comes and goes, though, something is coming.

I don't know who to trust... I breathed.

He sighed and I imagined him looking over at the people behind me. The hug wasn't awkward, despite the length of it. I rather enjoyed being in my twin's arms, I felt safe and calm. It was weird. Someone I shared a womb with, the first few years of my life with, to then grow up without... And yet, it felt so natural. Familiar.

We keep our guards up. Collect information. He spoke softly. Dion has been on edge the moment he heard about the vampire attack at the kingdom. We are glad you are okay.

Thanks. I mumbled. If it wasn't for Cyrus... I don't know if I would be infected or not.

Pollux shook his head gently. What did they say about it? That you'd turn?

I shrugged, eventually pulling my head from his shoulder. Phoenix wasn't sure. Nobody turned.

He leaned away also, a concentrated frown on his face. It is believed to be a myth, that vampires can control their venom. But it's more of a...coven thing.

Coven thing?

He nodded, looking to the nearby wolves briefly who paid us no mind. Some covens have the lower members remove their venomous glands. It's a way to control the population. Any newborn, bloodsucker can go on a turning or killing spree, so to take the venom away lowers the turning rate. Control the masses.