Wattpad Original
Deft finns 8 flera gratis delar

revealed

verb ~ to make known to others

The room grew silent as I stared down at my hands on the bedsheets. I can't believe I just blurted it out like that.

"Yes, we know." Kate chuckled, patting Phoenix on the shoulder. "Congratulations are in order."

It seemed to snap him out of his trance, and he blinked rapidly before refocusing back on me. I held my breath, waiting for his reaction to my outburst. I mean, at least I got it out there, and he knew? Bonus. Less stress for me. I already had enough going on in my mind, so that's one thing gone, right?

Oh gosh, I'm rambling.

'Yes, you are.' Cel barked.

I exhaled heavily, focusing on my hands. Peeking a look at Phoenix, he moved closer, his hands coming to grasp at my own. I didn't realise I was picking my nails until he stopped me, pulling my hands lower and away from my chest. They settled on my stomach, a contented smile on his face.

"It is how I found you." He whispered, eyes darting between mine.

"How you found me?" I wondered.

He nodded, dropping his gaze to where our hands lay conjoined. "With some help from that strange witch of your grandmother's, I found a weak bond. I knew it linked it to you, and the further I encouraged it, the stronger it grew. I knew it was our baby, Nova, and without that bond, I admit I wasn't sure how I was going to find you without bribing someone on the wrong side."

My eyes burned with unshed tears. "Really? So... So, they weren't lying?"

He shook his head, smile still in place. "No, my love, it's true."

My lower lip wobbled as emotion burned in my chest. For something I never really had an opinion of, the fact that it genuinely was true was overwhelming me. He must've noticed my distress, because his eyes held panic when they darted to me.

"What's wrong?" He frowned, removing a hand to wipe my tears.

"I'm fine, I'm just... it's a lot." I choked on a laugh.

His eyes softened, the concern dropping from his face as I leaned my cheek into his hand. I noticed Kate give us a small smile before sneaking back out of the room, furiously writing on her notepad.

"I know it is." Phoenix rubbed his thumb along my cheekbone. "But you're here and you're safe."

"Thanks to you." I shrugged.

"Thanks to you." He shook his head. "If it wasn't for you being so tough, Nova, things could've gone completely different. You are strong and brave, and you stuck through all the hell possible. I don't know what they did to you there, but you are incredible. Life hasn't been kind to you, and you have done so much by just surviving and being you."

I was full-on crying now, my laugh of emotion covered with tears. My face grew hot as a sob broke out of my chest, my shoulders shaking with the feeling. I was glad Kate had left the room to share this moment with Phoenix alone.

"Thanks to both of us, then." I shook my head.

His lips widened, his teeth flashing at me with a grin. "Okay, I will take that for now."

"Good." I laughed. "Thank you for always being there for me."

"Nobody will ever hurt you again, Nova. I swear by it." He breathed. "I love you so much. Both of you."

His head fell to my stomach, cheek and ear pressed against the mountains of sheets that covered me. His fingers gripped one of my hands again, and I used my spare to trail through his hair. The soft strands fell through my fingers with ease, the slight curls falling upon his face. I brushed them away, to find his eyes still watching my face.