Wattpad Original
There are 12 more free parts

battlefield

noun ~ a piece of ground or place in which a fight has been sustained between large, organised forces

Looking at the state Phoenix was in appalled me. Blood coated his naked skin, bite marks of fangs and canines alike littering his body. Scratches tore his chest and no doubt his back, blood drying in their place. His hair was wild and unkept, a crazed look much like the mountain-man image he had going on.

His hands reached out to me, and I didn't move away. It slightly disappointed me when he moved to take my arms instead of my body. But the realisation that perhaps now was not the time, soon reminded me.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

His eyes closed briefly as his fingers met my skin. The electrifying heat that came with his touch was soothing, and my head dropped with the comfort it gave. His harsh skin moved along mine until his hands wrapped around the cuffs on my wrists.

My eyes shot open. "Don't-"

But he had already touched them, hands pulling and snapping the silver that imprisoned one wrist. I stared openmouthed as he moved to the other one, the silver hissing and metal screeching as he dropped it to the floor.

I frowned as I looked down at my hands. The skin was bloodied and sore, with small puffy blisters around the sides of my wrists. Phoenix's hands came to rub at the skin delicately before they trailed up my arms. Brushes feather-light cast along my shoulders, setting my nerves on fire. He hesitated at my mark; the warmth pulsating through my skin as he stared down at it with a firm frown.

My breath caught at the electrifying tingles, my eyes closing as my heart raced with the feeling. He moved all too quickly from my neck to trail along my jaw and cheek. His fingers, although bloodied, cupped the sides of my face, his thumbs circling underneath my eyes. I sighed into them, leaning my face further into his touch.

Opening my eyes, I found him staring intensely down at me. I had no words to give him, lost in the darkness of his eyes. I hoped his hazel would greet me, but he was too lost to his wolf, to his anger. I could feel it bubbling beneath his skin, waiting for the chance of attack. I was lucky he was even here right now with how feral he seemed beneath the surface.

Pollux's groan filled the air and my cheeks flushed with the remembrance he still sat injured behind me. I was too lost in my mate to even acknowledge the surrounding battlefield.

"My brother... I need to move him." I whispered.

The softness in his eyes vanished as he cast a look over my shoulder to stare at my twin. His frown reappeared before looking back at me. I held my breath as I waited for his next move, wanting nothing more than this to be over. It was taking all my energy to stop myself from jumping into his arms.

He nodded once before moving closer to me and pressing a gentle kiss to my nose. I inhaled his scent deeply before he moved away. Giving me a last longing look, he turned his back to me. I watched as he patted Leo on the shoulder, only now just noticing that he had been protecting Phoenix's back the whole time.

I breathe heavily as I bent back down to Pollux, my now free arms coming to fret over his bleeding form. He wasn't healing, of course, his skin going pale with the amount of blood loss. The snow around him was a bright red canvas, with Pollux as the paint.

His eyes didn't focus correctly when I leaned over him, my knees sinking deep into the snow so I could cup his face in my hands. I still felt Phoenix behind me in the battle, but he had drifted as more vampires came in to attack him. They seemed to target him a lot, and it made me wonder what their plan was.

"Pollux. Can you hear me?" I wondered.

He groaned, his good hand poking the bag beside him. "Get... dressed."