Wattpad Original
There are 47 more free parts

BONUS ~ departure

noun ~ the action of leaving, especially to start a journey

PHOENIX

Nova's alarm and her stirring woke me from my sleep. She usually took forever to wake up, shuffling and rolling before she decided to open her eyes. Today was no different. I grumbled when his elbow dug into my side, my arm around her waist tightening to keep her still.

"Good morning." Her sweet voice met my ears as she rolled once more to face me.

I inhaled her scent deeply, her hair tickling my face as she pulled it out of the way. I opened my eyes warily, wondering why she was speaking when it was the last thing she usually did when she woke. Her green eyes were pale and rimmed red from rubbing the sleep from them, her hair a frantic messy halo.

She never looked more beautiful.

"Morning, baby."

She tensed beside me and I hummed softly, leaning down to kiss her nose. Blush I never grew tired of blessing her cheeks and I savoured the sweet moment of her waking up a little longer. With a sigh and a gentle groan, I released her from my hold, pulling myself to a sitting position. I stretched my arms, hearing my back pop with pleasure. I threw my legs over the edge of the mattress, catching sight of the time on the wall.

6:55 AM

"How did you sleep?" Her soft voice called to me.

I turned to look at her, wrapped up nude in the sheets. I slept like crap, unable to think about the time that we wouldn't be together. I debated on telling her the severity of my lack of sleep but chose the gentler option.

"Not great. I couldn't settle down. How about you? When I was awake you seemed peaceful."

She frowned as if confused. "I slept okay for a change."

My lips widened with a smile, I was pleased she slept so well. I loved holding her in my arms and I was worried that she may have unrest because of the adventure she was going to partake in.

I rubbed my face, trying to force the tiredness from my body. "That's one good thing out of it then."

She frowned again before seeing the calm look on my face, then she rolled her eyes. Her sass at times never failed to amuse me, even if she did not know she was giving it. I made my way to the bathroom, hearing her light footsteps leave the bed and trail across the floor.

I washed my face, sighing as I picked up my toothbrush. Nova came trailing in once she realised I wasn't using the toilet, a faint blush to her cheeks as she stood nude beside me. I grumbled in approval as she copied my actions, pulling her toothbrush from its holder. I couldn't help but trail my eyes along her body, the way her breasts stood perk in the cool morning air. How her waist dipped ever so slightly before blossoming at her hips.

As she tamed her hair, I stood watching her for a moment longer, eyes raking along her backside and legs. She caught my wandering eyes and scowled at me, moving to tap my arm with her hairbrush.

"Down boy."

I rolled my eyes this time, chuckling as I left the bathroom. I found she had already laid some clothes out for me and smirked at the choices. She was insistent on getting me to wear sweatpants, taking the chance whenever she could to have me wear them. I'd appease her today, knowing that I had a day full of training to distract my mind from her long journey.

I pulled the clothes on with a smirk, a comfy black sweater accompanied the grey bottoms. Even socks lay on the bed and I pulled them on before seeking out my workout trainers. Nova's delicate steps came through the bedroom and she gave me a once over before a gentle purr escaped her throat.