Wattpad Original
There are 37 more free parts

answers

noun ~ a thing said, written or done to deal with or as a reaction to a question, statement or situation

"What did you get up to today?" My mate's voice ran through the phone.

I smiled in satisfaction, sinking into my bed. I had wrapped up the day with dinner before turning in for the night. After a long shower, I picked up the phone and called Phoenix. It was late now, about eleven o'clock but I wanted to talk to him and the couple hours of time difference meant I could do so when he wasn't busy.

Sighing, I held the phone to my ear. "I was busy learning with Aldren about my gift. We were in the library and I came across a book...When I touched it, I had a vision. It was one of my grandmother and the old blind lady, Angela? You remember her right?"

He mumbled a yes.

"It was the two of them. They had just encountered a ghoul for the first time, and my grandmother had started to write a book. She had told Angela that it was for the future generations of her, to read... It was a simple vision really, not a lot happened." I shrugged, despite the fact he couldn't see me. "I woke from the vision to find I had collapsed and never released the book."

"You collapsed?" He grumbled. "Why did Charlie not inform me of this?"

"I wanted to tell you. You would've just taken it out on Charlie." I laughed. "It wasn't his fault. He can't stop me from having a vision. I'm here to learn to control it."

He sighed, a grumble of disapproval humming through the phone. "I know. Just... be careful."

I almost rolled my eyes. "I am being careful. This vision allowed me to know more about the book."

I hesitated at his next question, remembering what the book said about trust. I knew these walls were not soundproof, and only because Charlie had fallen out of bed and smashed his bed side table last night. I trusted Phoenix, with everything that I am. I felt it, deep within my heart that he was good, he was my mate too. Anything that would hurt him would hurt me, and if our past relationship is anything to go by, he would do anything to not hurt me or lose me.

"The book is enchanted." I began. "She wrote a...secret code with a diversion text in Latin. I could read the code, Phoenix. It stated that only those who are worthy can read it, and spoke to her 'daughters'. She said that she made it to protect the 'secrets'. I only read the first few pages, but I'm going to read more. Aldren doesn't know I have the book in my room. I can't...I don't think I can trust him yet. He has the same gift but he can't read the code... So I am a little unsure until I can read more. The book clearly states that only those worthy can. Even my own mother did not tell him about the code! She had the book before me."

Phoenix was silent, a slight humming sound filled the air. "And you...you are sharing this with me?"

"I trust you. Of course." I mumbled, confused.

He hesitated again before a short laugh filled the air. "Well, I am honoured."

"What makes you say that?"

I could almost see him shrug. "If something this important is to be kept secret... I am glad you find me trustworthy."

"Are you not?" I teased.

He laughed. "Of course, I am. I'm just happy you are sharing with me."

"I will share everything with you." I smiled, running a hand through my hair.

"Good." He replied. "Anything else you want to talk about?"

I raked my brain and licked my lips with anticipation. "I'm just hoping I can learn more about why I have this gift. Only mated female Lycan's can turn someone into a werewolf, but why are only select ones given gifts? What Pollux thought he knew, turned out to be only half the truth."