Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

triumph

noun ~ a great victory or achievement

POLLUX

As the snow settled, I saw Gaia holding down the cult leader with only one hand. I winced as I adjusted myself to try and get a better look, Nova's droopy head falling to my lap. I froze, holding my breath as she groaned. When she settled once more, I sighed in satisfaction, resting my hand on her shoulder.

Looking back towards the confrontation, Charlie's eyes were already focused on me. I gave him a brief nod, which he returned, before we both looked back towards the furious Alpha.

The air fell silent as everyone held their breath as they forced the man to remain on the ground. The snow surrounding the three of them started to melt away to reveal solid concrete. I shifted uncomfortably, the pain in my shoulder as it healed, causing too much discomfort to concentrate.

"Who are you?" I heard Phoenix growl.

The man sniggered. "You do not get my name."

Gaia sighed, shaking her head. "Why did you turn out this way?"

He rolled his eyes. "Probably because you never let me be my own person. You just left me to live with father because you thought I was a weak witch."

"You are a weak witch, Donovan." She snipped.

My eyes widened as I looked between the two. They had no similarities that I could see from here. Where he was tall, dark, and slender, Gaia was a short, plump woman with gorgeous caramel skin and greying brown hair.

"I am not weak!" He growled. "You never trained me! You just sent me away!"

This was an interesting family reunion.

"You bedded another man who is not your mate to have my insolent, pathetic sister." He continued. "You even raised that Lycan runt over me! You were only meant to give him to someone, not raise him!"

"You do not get to speak of Raven in such awful light. She wanted nothing but good things for people and just had difficulty showing her emotions." Gaia hissed, increasing her force on his shoulder. "And you know witches do not feel the mate bond like that! After ten years, I moved on!"

Donovan scoffed, shaking his head despite the pain I could see she was causing. His body had started to tremble, but he forced himself to sit upright, not falling victim to it.

"Well, I got rid of that problem, didn't I?" He chuckled. "She was weak, you all are. A single species should not have all the power. Even the Lycan female could not keep herself from becoming vulnerable, rather pathetic creature she is. I must say, though, Alpha, congratulations on your new parentage."

Phoenix didn't waste a second, his fist flying as he threw a force into the man's face. Donovan's head span, spit and blood spewing from his mouth at the impact. His hands fell to the ground, and Phoenix did not retaliate further. His dark eyes turned to Gaia, a sternness that had me cringe.

"Lock his powers. He is cannot leave this place." Phoenix growled.

Gaia was frowning, but she nodded. As she mumbled some enchantment, her son struggled, trying to move away from her grip. I watched with fascination as his shoulders slumped and some glowing white cuffs appeared on his wrists. He frowned; eyes hard as he glared down at them.

Gaia released him slowly, taking a step back. "He cannot use his magic... what little he has."

I smirked at her insult, as Donovan scoffed at her. She turned to Phoenix, her jaw clenching as he nodded his head. With a stiff bow, she walked away. I wondered what she was doing for a moment, but I soon became distracted as Phoenix launched himself at Donovan.