Wattpad Original
Te quedan 56 partes más de forma gratuita

drink

noun ~ a liquid that can be swallowed for refreshment or nourishment

"Ridiculous." Phoenix huffed.

I turned to him with a raised eyebrow, amused by his childlike behaviour.

He had tried to cut in. Big mistake.

He was practically attacked by Charlie and Pollux, forced to wait his turn on taking some meat from the table. He was stood behind me, arms crossed as he waited. It was amusing, watching the two vultures make him back off. I had just followed along, taking queue behind my twin who was mumbling agreements with Charlie about how well certain things looked.

"What can I get ya, sis?" Pollux teased.

"I can manage myself, Polly." I rolled my eyes which made him scoff at the nickname.

He turned on his heel and walked away, towards the sweet treats section. I laughed to myself as I watched him go and he and Charlie began to 'sample' every treat there. Phoenix's heavy aura washed over me and I turned to see him standing behind me, plate in his hand as his chest brushed my back. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end as I repressed a shiver from the contact.

"What do you feel like having, my love?" He wondered, picking up a variety of food for himself.

Not having a huge appetite, I hummed to myself. There were so many things to choose from; ribs, wings, drumsticks...carved meat to salads, crackers, and sandwiches... I settled on just having some of the meat from the bonfire since they had gone through the trouble of cooking it. I settled it into a bread roll, slathering butter and deeming it greasy enough. I topped my plate off with a corn cob and some salted French fries drizzled in ketchup. I grabbed another bottle of cider, my previous one now lay empty in the recycling.

"Smells so good," Phoenix grumbled once I had stepped to the side to pop the bottle.

I raised an eyebrow with interest, turning to see what he was talking about. It could've been the buffet on the table...or the buffet on his plate of food. He had piled it high, greedy and ravenous as ever. He always seemed hungry, a metabolism that every fitness fanatic died for. I blamed it on the Alpha genes; you never saw an out of shape or small alpha by blood.

"You done?" I smirked.

His eyes flashed to me in surprise at being caught and I laughed.

"Yes. I am done." He rolled his eyes before eyeing my plate distastefully. "Is that all you are having?"

I laughed at him as we began to step away from the buffet. "You seem to forget, that I do not harbour an industrial-sized rubbish bin as a stomach."

He growled at my teasing as we came to a stop near the fire. I settled myself onto the logs, my plate on my knee. Phoenix's larger form struggled with the log's lack of height from the ground, so I watched amused as he balanced his plate whilst dragging a lawn chair behind him.

"You could just put your plate down." I laughed, taking a large mouthful of the fizzy beverage.

He grumbled at me but settled his wide shoulders into the chair, stretching his seemingly endless legs out in front of him. "You not feeling hungry today?"

I shook my head, taking a bite from my food. He nodded warily and began eating from his mountain plate. Despite the size of his dish, I was pleased he still held his manners even outdoors. We sat in comfortable silence, the only noise coming from the wolves around us. I noticed that once we had sat down and begun eating, other wolves started to eat after us. I lazily ate, taking random sips of my drink in contented peace.