Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

reconcile

verb ~ restore friendly relations between

Not long after our conversation, Phoenix had left to do some work. I had to practically force him from my room, telling him I would be fine for a few hours. Charlie eventually joined him, leaving me with Sean.

It was awkward at first, our relationship had become so strained. From Phoenix warning him away from me, then to him finding his mate, to me being kidnapped twice, and then my Luna duties... I feel like I've abandoned my friends.

"What are you thinking about?" He wondered, looking away from the tv on the wall.

"Huh? Me? Nothing, I'm fine." I shook my head to clear the daze.

He chuckled. "I know you, Nova. That is your deep in thought face, so whatever you are thinking about, you can speak to me about, okay?"

I exhaled deeply, knowing he was right. I used to confide in him a lot; told him my thoughts every single day.

"It's just been some crazy few months." I sighed.

He turned around in his chair, ditching the movie to look at me. He smiled sadly at me, moving forward to press his hand on my forearm. He hasn't changed much in a month, not like I expected him too. I guess being away with no concept of time, felt like a long time.

"You have been through a lot." He admitted.

"I miss hanging out with you. I wish you came on the trip as well, but I know you have Rose now. I guess we both just became so distracted with our own lives that we forgot to hang out." I faux laughed.

He shrugged. "You don't need to worry about that, Novie. People drift and things happen, its natural. You've been through so much with Steven and now this hybrid guy, on top of figuring out your heritage, and your relationship with Phoenix and the pack... It's a lot of work, being an Alpha wolf."

"That's true." I frowned, fiddling with a loose thread on my top blanket. "It's all happened so quickly. I've... I've never been so scared, Sean."

He frowned at my hushed voice. "Why?"

"I thought I was treated badly before, but this man... he took pleasure in harming me." I gritted my teeth. "I feel like I'm going to fall asleep and wake up back there, that this was all just another vision."

"I can assure you, it's not a vision." He mumbled, removing my hand from the sheets. "If you ever want to know if this is real, just ask me. I'll even use a codeword."

I laughed lighting, sniffing away the negativity. "Oh yeah, like what?"

He hummed, eyes shining with amusement. "How about... gingerbread?"

"Gingerbread?" I wondered, confused. "Where did that come from?"

He shrugged, picking up my fingers only to drop them one by one. "It's not a common word for every conversation, so if I see you slipping, I'll just tell you; gingerbread."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Okay, deal."

"Good." He grinned. "Oh, have you seen my sister yet?"

I felt my face drain of colour. "Not yet. I think Phoenix has been forcing her away."

He wrinkled his nose. "Your brother... was injured and Gaia brought him to the hospital whilst you were unconscious. He's fine, don't panic, just had to have some stitches to help his skin sew back together."

My eyes still widened. "Stitches? He's a wolf, he doesn't need stitches unless it's bad! Sean!"

He grunted as my voice grew in pitch. "He just needed a few organs sewing back inside!"