Chapter 27: Mission gone wrong

Y/n sat up in her bed. It was daylight outside.

She put on a grey hoodie with dark green patterns and normal converse.

She walked out into the hallway and suddenly heard a voice talking to her. It wasnt Nolan.

"Meet in my office, child."

Was that slender? She stood for a second, processing what she was just told.

"Well, ok." She told herself as she started walking towards his office.

When she arrived, she hesitantly knocked, when she did the door opened.

"Hello, Y/n." Slender said, slight worry in his voice.

"Hey, why did you call me here?" She asked.

"Would you like to go on your own mission today?" He put his hand on his desk.

"Really?!" She asked, excitedly. "I- uh- I mean.. of course I would!" She corrected herself.

"Alright, The person's name is Noah Paulson. The address is ××× ×××× ×××."

"Got it." She said, reaching to open the door.

"EJ will be going with you." He added.

She scrunched her face in annoyance.

"Alright." She replied, sounding bitter.

She began walking towards the stairs until she felt a presence behind her.

She ignored it because she wasnt in the mood today. She continue walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She took a sandwich that probably belonged to someone and began eating it.

She left the kitchen quickly to avoid confrontation.

"Hey! Where the fuck did my sandwich go??!" She heard Ben exclaim.

She went back up to her room and grabbed her bag of weapons including throwing knives, a hatchet, a gun and a normal kitchen knife.

She looked around and saw one of Jeff's knives. She could tell it was his because of the "Jeff's knife" carved into the handle. He's territorial, huh.

She picked up the knife and put it in her bag. She'd give it back when she returned.

She thought maybe she could sneak and do this by herself. She didnt need any help, she's not a kid.

She turned around and walked downstairs again. She saw Natalia and ben talking.

She caught a bit of their conversation as she walked by. Though, she couldn't understand.

She began walking out of the forest. This boy lived in an apartment, so she'd have to go into town. She pulled her hood up, luckily it was pretty chilly out, so nobody would question her.

She walked by a bunch of people. Being back in crowds while being wanted is a new feeling. An amazing feeling. The adrenaline she got from the thought that a police officer could catch her at any time is a new kind of fun.

She finally found the apartment building and began walking in. She took the elevator to the 3rd floor and began looking for the right apartment.

As she was walking down the hallway, she felt the cold, angry presence behind her.

She looked up to see if there were any cameras, luckily there was only one, at the very end of the hallway, she had walked so far that the camera couldnt see her, surely.

She turned around and saw nothing. She stood still, looking around her.

No sign of anyone.

She turned her head back around and was met with a hand to her mouth.

She was pushed around a corner with no cameras and forced to a wall.

She looked up and recognized her attacker.

Ej.

He looked angry.

"You weren't supposed to leave without me." He said, his voice cold.

He took his hand off of her mouth and Stepped back.

"You didn't have to attack me." She replied.

"I didn't want you to scream."

"I wouldn't have screamed."

She began walking back in the hallway.

"If you mess up, I'll have to step in, even if you dont want me too." He said, keeping her pace as he walked.

She ignored him and found the right apartment.

As she began breaking the locks, she felt his heavy presence beside her, though she couldn't see him, then again she wasn't really worried about him.

She felt like she needed to prove herself to slender, so that's what shes going to do. She slowly walked into the apartment. Knife in hand.

She looked around the corner to the kitchen. She saw a man standing there. He looked to be in his late 20's. He began walking to his couch.

Y/n yanked her head back around the corner. When she did, She saw Ej coyping her stance on the wall beside her. She rolled her eyes and looked back to the clueless man.

He was sitting on the couch, watching tv. The loud tv would cover up the sound of her footsteps.

She quietly walked up to him, put the knife by his throat and slit.

His throat started bleeding. And she ran out of the apartment. She stuffed the knife in her bag as she quickly walked out of the building. She felt Ej's presence dissapear.

He couldnt be in public obviously. The mask is just a little too ominous.

Just as y/n turned the corner she saw a bunch of police cars infront of her. They noticed her and yelled to their other officers.

"THAT'S HER!" The officer drew their gun.

Had someone recognized her?

Word count: 836

Lol