Chapter 34: Involuntary cliff diving

They made it out and ran deeper into the town, as police were flooding in. Jeff grabbed Y/n's hand as they made a sharp turn. Once again in the labyrinth of the alley.

"Did we lose them?" She asked.

"Mhm." He answered.

He sat the backpack down and looked for his knife.

"Ah," he sighed "I missed you." He spoke to the knife.

"Okay you can have your weird reunion later, get these fucking handcuffs off of me." Metal clanked together as she shook her hands.

"Alright damn!" He snapped, putting the knife in his pocket.

She turned around and he began trying to break the handcuffs.

"Uh-oh." He spoke quietly.

"What? What is it?!" She panicked.

"I was going to shoot the chain but that might accidentally hit you." He thought for a moment.

"Just shoot it." She demanded.

"The shrapnel could hurt you." He denied.

"Fine." She angrily walked the the bag.

She picked up the machete out of the bag and brought it to her chain. Within an instance the chain was somewhat broken. Not all the way, but enough to where she could pull them apart. She yanked her hands opposite ways and they were free. Even though the cuffs were still on, but she could deal with that later.

They continued running until they got out of the city. When they were a good distance into the forest they both relaxed. they walked in into an open field.

"What time is it?" Jeff asked.

"Around 3 or 4pm" she replied.

He stood for a second, thinking.

"I've got time, do you wanna do the training now?" He asked.

"Uh, duh." She huffed.

"Alright then!" He sat down the backpack and stood up.

"Before you start, you realize why we need to do physical training first right?" He asked.

She stood still, not really knowing.

He blinked dramatically and continued. "Because the extraction takes a lot of physical endurance and energy." He explained.

"And because I don't.. really know how to mentally prepare you for that." He added.

"Well, as long as I don't die." She laughed, worried subtlety.

"you won't if we do this." he spoke.

"alright to start, we need to work on durability. you ready to fight?" he smirked.

"for sure, but i'm not gonna be my best because i did just get shot a few days ago." she thought. "i do heal very quickly though. so we should be good." she laughed.

"i'll go easy then." jeff assured, stretching and cracking his knuckles.

"i could beat you at your best." Y/n laughed, copying his movements.

they got into fighting positions.

"don't get to ahead of yourself now." he grinned.

"3.." Jeff spoke.

Y/n looked at his eyes, obviously mapping his surroundings and thinking about the best approach.

"2.." he continued counting.

Y/n gave it a few seconds of thought and decided she'd try to get behind him.

"on-" jeff was cut off.

"wait!" Y/n shouted.

"Ugh, what?" he stood.

"Can we use weapons?" She asked.

"Hmm.." he thought for a second. "Nope." He answered.

"Aw, fine." She got back into position.

"3.. 2.. 1.. GO!" He shouted, immediately lunging at her.

She didn't have time to react and was immediately knocked to the ground. She tried to stand, but was kicked to the ground. He quickly pinned her hands above her head.

"1.. 2.." He began counting. "If I get to five, you lose." He added.

She began struggling under him.

"3.. 4.." he laughed.

Quickly, she kicked him right in between his legs, where her knee could reach.

"GAH, FUCK!" He shouted in pain. Letting go of her hands.

She took this opportunity to stand up and run. As soon as he realized she had gone, he quickly ran after her. Before she was able to leave the open field, she was knocked down again. He had knocked her onto her stomach, both of his knees beside her. He forced her head to the ground with one hand so she couldn't get up. "1.." he began counting.

She began panicking once again. She managed to turn herself over to face him. That's when she had a great idea.

She got her hands free from beside her and punched him in the nose. He fell back and held his bloody nose. Y/n quickly sat on his lap straddling him. He looked up to her, shocked and confused. Before he said anything, she punched his face once more. He fell back and was laying on the ground, she continued punching him until he lowered his head to the side of him. A sign of defeat. She stood up, he laid still. She took a few steps back and looked at the motionless man before her.

"Jeff 🧍‍♀️?" She began worrying, had she knocked him unconscious?

She got close to his face, he was breathing at least. She moved a few strands of his hair out of his face. To make sure he was unconscious, she quickly blew air on his face. Her heart dropped when he flinched. She immediately stood up and began running, hopefully since he was on the ground she would get a head start. She was right, she looked back to see him standing up. She successfully made it out of the opening and into the forest. If it was duration he was teaching, running seemed better than fighting. And besides, she was very good at hiding. Hence why she loved the forest, she was good at blending in.

She heard his footsteps on the leaves behind her. She took a sharp left turn and continued running. She saw a big tree in the distance, and a Boulder. As she was deciding which route to take, She realized she didn't notice one minor detail about the path I front of her. There was a cliff. Before she could really realize what was happening she was falling.

"Y/n!" She heard Jeff shout.

Everything was in slow motion as she was mid air falling. Once she hit the ground she began to roll and fall the rest of the way down. She screamed as she rolled some more.

Her world fell black for a few seconds. She opened her eyes half way, vision blurry and spinning. She felt a warm feeling take over her body, probably shock dulling all of her broken bones. Through a wall of blue she saw Jeff run to her.

"Shit." He spoke, muffled to her.

She gave into the dizziness and let her vision fade to black.