chapter 40: no more y/n

The city was loud, giving Y/n a low headache. She covered her eyes with her hand to keep the sun away and continued walking. She didn't know where she was going or how long she'd be in the city, but she did know that she was getting more bloodthirsty by the minuet.

Just stabbing somebody made her crave the feeling of her knife sinking into someone's skin. Maybe she had an addiction, not that she'd ever try to quit if that was the case.

Her eyes scanned the people that passed her, looking for a suitable victim. Then her eyes caught on someone. It was a woman. She had stuck out because of her fancy clothes and flashy makeup.

Y/n started to discreetly follow the woman, watching as she walked into a coffee shop. The woman went to the counter as Y/n sat down in a booth. Y/n waited until the woman stood up to use the bathroom, following behind her.

The woman was taking a call, fixing her lipstick in the mirror. Not noticing her stalker.

"Yeah She was supposed to meet me here, but I'm starting to think she stood me up." She complained.

There were unintelligible words coming from the phone. Y/n waited until their conversation was over, pulled out her knife and quickly grabbed the woman by the hair. Lifting her neck so it'd be easier to slit. But like usual, even though it served no purpose, she liked to taunt her victims.

The woman didn't scream, just gasped before being dragged into a bathroom stall then into y/n's lap. Y/n held her knife to the woman's throat, still pulling her hair.

"Hey, why didn't you try to scream?" Y/n questioned in a happy tone.

The woman shook, her hands gripping y/n's wrist. "Because... you would kill me.. if I did.." she spoke slowly, a cautious tone.

"Your right." Y/n began to press the knife into her neck at a slow pace.

The woman winced, holding onto y/n's wrist tighter. "What is it you want? Money? I can give you all I have.. there's 500$ in my purse.." she begged, scooting up in y/n's lap, trying to reach her purse.

"Don't. Fucking. move." Y/n whispered in the woman's ear. gripping her hair tighter, she listened as footsteps walked right by their stall.

The sink turned on then off and with that, they were the only people in the bathroom. Y/n felt tears brush by her hand.

"I'm not sure if I wanna kill you or not. Maybe your not the right one." Y/n sighed.

"Please- I have a family-"

"Oh. Now I am. I've heard that atleast 30 times. It gets boring after a while."

Small shrieks came from the woman as the knife dug into her throat. And that was that.

Blood sprayed across the stall walls, leaving Y/n a bloody mess. Maybe it was the fact that she hadn't done this in a while, or the fact that she was sick. Sick in the head. She hadn't though about it, but it made her feel some sense of euphoria. Seeing blood spray from that woman's neck. Of course she couldn't think about it for too long. The blood pool coming out from under the stall would raise red flags.

She pushed the corpse off of her lap and decided to try and clean up to avoid drawing any more attention. She took a "under construction" sign and put it outside the door.

She first used the sink to clean up her clothes. She turned to the giant blood on the floor and gave up. Atleast nobody would go in there for awhile.

She walked out of the bathroom and quickly left the restaurant. Not bothering to turn back.

She entered the forest again, listening as the leaves crunched under her steps. Then she heard another. Another pair of footsteps.

She turned to survey the area, but found nothing. She continued walking. Then a strange feeling washed over her. Like she was being watched. She went deeper into the forest, hoping whatever was watching her would come out.