Chapter 42

It's occurred to me that there are only two chapters left of IPINAS including the epilogue. I may or may not have burst into tears in the middle of a coffee shop but shhh it's fine. I've grown so attached to the characters that I've made that I'm just pushing on a story that should've ended a while ago. I've been working on this story for almost two years and it's crazy to look back at my writing back then and how much I've improved and how different I used to be. I've evolved along with the story and I love that about it, no matter how shitty the first twenty chapters are, I'll always love them. The past few months the popularity of my story has skyrocketed and I never thought it would. I'm so glad that by doing something that makes me happy can make other people happy too, and that's all I want from this. Thank you for sticking with my story for so long, no matter how long and tedious it's become, but that's my fault for getting too attached. It makes me incredibly sad that there's only two more parts to her story, and how two years of my life will end with just one word. Thank you thank you thank you. This story and it's journey has been one of the best experiences of my life, even though I'll probably look back at this in 3 years and cringe, I'll never regret it. I'll never regret it because this is what made me realize that I want to be a writer. This made me realize that this is something that I'm good at, and that I can work at to make myself better. This story will always mean something to me, and I hope that it means something to you guys as well. <3 Thank you guys for an amazing almost two years. It's been an adventure.

*~*~*~*Shameful self promo~*~*~*~*~*

Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn

I felt someone shift, disrupting my sleep. I groaned and squinted, my eyes adjusting to the still dark room. My shoes had disappeared and my jeans were replaced with a pair of Dan’s baggy sweat pants, my shirt had also been removed leaving me in just my cami. I must’ve been sleep walking hardcore last night. I looked at the boy next to me, who was dressed in just boxers. I sat up and stretched, according to my phone it was 6:30 a.m. I looked down at the sleeping log again and snorted at his face-to-pillow position; his mouth was hanging open and he was snoring softly indicating he was still sleeping deeply.

I snuck out of bed and replaced my place with a pillow so Dan didn’t know that I had left him. I didn’t bother putting on shoes as I was just going to walk around the hotel. I got in the elevator and went down to the kitchen area on the ground floor. I poked my head through the door, a couple of older people were sat in the dining area eating and chatting quietly. The dining area had a wall covered in windows that let in the majority of the light as well as a fireplace to warm up the small area. I padded over to the buffet line. I picked up two dinner plates and loaded them with food. Dan’s consisted of waffles, some toast, sausage, and sunny side up eggs. Mine had pancakes, a small bowl of fruit salad, sausage, and toast. I stared at the drink area and decided on coffee for me and tea for Dan. I was trying to figure out how to balance all of the breakfast components so I could carry them up to our room.

Some how I managed to make it into the elevator, and to the room without incident. I did however have to ask a nice elderly man if he could press the 8th floor button for me . My juggling act only made me spill a small amount of my coffee onto Dan’s grey sweats.

I set the plates down on the floor and slid the key into the lock kicking the door and picking up the plates quickly before it closed again. I shut the door gently just in case Dan was still sleeping. I set the food on the bedside table and turned towards the fireplace, with the flip of a switch it lit to life making a crackle noise like an actual woodfire would.