Chapter 37

I'm sorry it's been a month since I last update (I feel like I say that every other chapter oops) but I've been in sort of a writing funk I guess and I don't know if I'm sick of my writing style or if I'm just not in the right mind set to write or what but I just feel like this chapter isn't... I don't know the right word... good? I've felt like that with a couple of previous chapters and it just makes me feel like shit because of all the wonderful people reading I feel like I'm not giving you what I deserve. This one made me nearly cry because I thought it was so bad it was literally stressing me out, you can all thank Gabby because she's the one who convinced me to post it. Everyone say thank you, Gabby. So here it is, the 37th chapter (Jesus) I'll try not to be such a knob next time and just update, you're all so lovely thank you for sticking with me <3

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

Everything was black and then I felt like I was drowning.

And no, not in a John Green sense of metaphoria drowning, actual drowning, with water and a lack of oxygen.

I don’t know how long it took my brain to process and decide to panic when it realized, but next thing I knew my eyes had snapped open just to sting and see blurry blue and gray surroundings. I couldn’t tell which way was up or down or how to hold my breath. Fortunately  for me physics do all the complicated processing thing out. I stop flailing and eventually felt my body go one way, once that was established I darted that way, eventually surfacing, gasping in a breath of air. I grabbed the edge of the pool and sucked in another labored breath before coughing a bit.

“Oh god are you okay?” Dan squatted down in front of me, dry as ever.

I glanced up at him through my soaking wet clumped strands of hair still out of breath, “What happened?” I asked still confused about the whole thing.

“Well, you wouldn’t get up to get ready for your panels, so Phil helped me wake you up,” he gestured to the pool, “and it may have been just a little bit of revenge for the Playlist dickface of 2013.” I thought back to the day I woke up Phil and Dan with my beautiful singing after sharpieing a penis and a mustache on their faces.

I guess I kind of deserved this, but I wasn’t going to let Dan know that.

I put my head in my crossed arms on the concrete and refused to look at Dan.

“Are you ignoring me now?” Dan asked, I looked up from my arms, just enough so that he could just see my eyes which were fixated as a scowl.

Giving a scowl at Howell. Ha. I giggled to myself a bit, but then focused on being mad again.

“Anything but the silent treatment come on,” He got even lower moving a piece of my hair out of my face.

“Okay at least let me help you out.” He stuck his hand out, I sighed and rolled my eyes taking his hand in mine but of course I didn’t let him help me out, I helped him get in.

With an “You little-” and a splash in my face, I knew I had succeeded and giggled as he pounced out of the water mouth forming an ‘o’ shape as he stared at me.

As soon as he realized what I’d done I splashed him and stuck my tongue out. He pushed his hair back exposing his forehead which was rarely seen, “Okay, I deserved this, but, that doesn’t mean I can’t be a little shit about it.” He splashed me back.

I swam over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck to stay afloat, the downside of being short, the upside of having an overly tall boyfriend.

I looked around making sure there were no subscribers or anything like that creeping around before placing a small kiss on his lips. Somewhere from on land I could hear a gagging noise that was unmistakably Phil’s, I glanced over to see him camera in hand hiding behind an umbrella.