Chapter 19

I'm sorry it's so short ;-; I've been having a really tough time with finals and school and stuff so I didn't get a chance to write very much. I was going to make this chapter longer but I felt like you needed SOMETHING so here it is c:

Stalk me on social media?

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

“I just have to find a dress it’ll be super quick stop complaining.” I drug Dan into the store with several dresses hanging in the window.

“Well what the hell am I supposed to do?” Dan groaned looking around in the brightly lit store thumbing through a rack long prom looking gowns.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, taking off my backpack. “Here,” I unzipped the little pocket containing my wallet, “Since I can already tell you’re going to be a huge pain in the ass, here’s a 10, go buy us some ice cream or something from that store around the corner.”

He snatched the money from my hand and scuttled out of the store quickly, the lady with the bun and glasses at the front of the store tutted after him then looked at me, “Do you need any help finding anything?” She asked tiredly.

“No, but thank you.” I smiled politely at her and she turned around with a nod leaving me to face the sea of dresses.

I flung my backpack off and set it in one of the dressing room stalls to claim it; I scowled at the sea of dresses, and pursed my lips. ‘Something formal, but not formal formal’ like what the fuck does that even mean?

“Actually,” I turned back to the worker lady, whose nametag read ‘Courtney’ “Can you direct me to some dresses that are formal, but not like, formal formal... if that makes any sense?”

She chuckled slightly under her breathe and motioned for me to follow her; we dodged some racks of clothing and came to a rail of them near the front end of the store, “I believe this is sort of what you’re looking for.” She smiled and ran her hand through them eyeing the fabric.

I thanked her and grabbed a large chunk off the rail and hobbling over to the dressing room. I set down the stack of them on the provided stool and picked up the first one, which was absolutely hideous. Across the store, Dan was calling my name. I quickly slipped on the dress and hollered at him telling him which stall I was in.

“Okay Dan, I have already found the perfect dress.” I faked excitement and unlocked the door. “Isn’t it perfect?” I squealed spinning around in the puffy leopard and zebra print dress.

His eyes went wide, and he almost dropped the blue frosting cupcake in his hand, “Uh, yeah, it’s em, very original?” He put his sentence more like a question.

I dropped my hands back to my side, “You don’t like it do you?” I asked jutting out my bottom lip.

“No, no, no! It looks good on you, I swear I like it!” He tried to save himself.

My face broke into a grin, “You’re so full of shit.”

His face relaxed automatically recognizing that it was just a joke, “Oh my god I thought you were serious.” He grabbed his heart.

“If I did wear it, I would only be doing it ironically.” I snatched the cupcake out of his hand and began to lick off the frosting.

“Are you mocking me?” He accused.

“Maybe” I bit into the chocolate cake innocently and swallowed, “and by maybe, I mean yes.” I turned on my heel and walked back into the dressing room.