Chapter 23

Baylee's POV

"Guys, we're going to be late!" I yelled while rushing down the stairs, and towards the front door, "Fuck, grab my Penny for me!" I bellowed realizing I had forgotten it.

"Which one!"

"The blue one with the tie-dye under it."

Phil rushed down the stairs holding it in his hands and handing it to me, Dan was trailing right behind him.

"Let's go, let's go," I pushed them out the door, the sun was beating down on us for a change, the heat was ridiculous. I was never a big fan of summer except for the fact that I got to wear shorts that showed off my butt which, I'm not going to lie, is pretty nice. 

I got on my board and stuck out my hands which both boys grabbed, tugging me along quickly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We flashed our BBC passes at the lady at the front desk, as we ran in.

"We're so late oh my god." Phil inquired.

"That's why we gotta hurry!" We broke out into a full sprint to the elevator and tapped our feet anxiously when it took too long.

We ran down the corridor and towards the door, Dan shoved me into the door, which Phil opened causing me to fall into the room with a thud and a groan. 

"I'll take it that Dan, Phil and Baylee are here." The voice of our boss floated through the room.

I got up and smiled, "Yes sir, punctual as ever as well." I took a seat in between Aled and Alice. Dan and Phil had sat in two seats left for them at the other side of the table. I pulled my laptop out of my bag, which luckily I didn't crush when I fell, and set it on the table pulling up the stuff for the meeting.

"Well, lucky for you lot we haven't started yet."

We went over topic after topic, I chimed in every once and a while when I felt necessary, but other than that I really paid no attention, just took notes on what I felt applied to me, what a wonderful use of my Saturday afternoon. 

Everyone closed their laptops and put them away, standing up and beginning the small post-meeting chatter. I got up and adjusted the strapless shirt I was wearing, making sure I wasn't showing too much boob for my liking and swung my bag on, across the room, Phil and Dan were waiting for me, ruffling and fixing their hair, I maneuvered through everyone and met the two at the door, I pulled out my Penny and got on it, I grabbed onto the bag Dan was carrying and had him pull me like a pack horse.

"So what's the plan now?" Phil asked, walking next to me.

"Maybe we could grab some lunch somewhere?" Dan suggested.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"No!" I yelled at the TV, my mouth still stuffed with some sort of Chinese noodle, we decided to come home and order food instead of going out, "You don't add two tablespoons of salt in that! It'll totally overpower the dish! Jesus Christ I cannot." I shook my head and leaned back into the couch, a sour look painted on my face.

"Baylee Prinam, actual reincarnation of Gordon Ramsay." Dan joked biting into an egg roll as the real Gordon Ramsay's screaming face appeared on the screen yelling about the dish.

"See! What did I fucking tell you, too much salt, should've fuckin listened," I shook my head and dug my fork into Dan's rice and shoveled it into my mouth.

He snatched the box away from my eating utensil, "How about instead of eating my food, you answer your phone." His eyes narrowed at me and I rolled my eyes collecting my phone from my back pocket.