Chapter 33

Long time no see! That's my fault though isn't it? Oops. Since the last chapter was pretty gloomy I tried to make this chapter more funny and light hearted, it's kind of a filler chapter but I like it and I hope you do too.

I opened my eyes and examined my blurry surroundings, my head just as blurry with confusion as to where I was and what the hell that annoying buzzing was. My eyelids closed once more and I attempted to rub the sleep out of them becoming slightly more aware to things such as the fact I was in Dan’s room, and that annoying buzzing was my cell phone.

I reached around on the table beside his bed until I grabbed the lit up device and slide the green button.

“Hello?” I whispered gravelly into the phone with my morning voice trying not to wake the sleeping Dan, who was snoring slightly with his mouth open.

“Hello Baylee, hope I didn’t wake you.” The person on the other line who I recognized clearly as the receptionist at the BBC said in a cheery tone.

“Nah, it’s cool, what can I do for you?” I sat up carefully trying not to move too much.

“If it’s not too much of a bother I was calling to see if you could come in for a bit today, Nick’s guest cancelled on him so we just need a little filler, do a round of call or delete it’ll be super quick, in and out.”

“Uh, sure yeah I’ll stop by.” I said reluctantly, I mean I have tons to do in town, I’ll be down there anyway may as well.

“Okay, we need you here in an hour and a half, can you do that? I know you have tons to do before you leave for California tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I’ll be down there as soon as I can,” I got out of the bed and tip toed into the hallway and into the bathroom.

“Thank you so much! You’re a life saver!” She hung up and I sighed still not feeling too good, I turned on the water for the shower.

As the water was warming up I walked to my room and stared at all the dirty clothes that littered the floor while mentally scolding myself for not doing laundry more.

Note to self, do laundry when I get home so I actually have something to wear in California.

I shuffled around in my closet until I stumbled upon a forest green tank top I haven’t worn since I got it, I shrugged and threw it on the bed along with some plain denim shorts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I flashed my ID at the security guard and ran past, why am I always late? Jesus Christ, I just had to go for the winged eyeliner this morning.

Once you go for it you can’t back down or show fear, it can tell.

I made my way to where Nick was hosting his show, rushing through the hallway as I went through the little map I had memorized of the BBC building. The producers filled me in on the whole Call or Delete thing and I nodded throwing my bag into the corner of the room, my sunglasses on top of it and sat down in the comfy office chair, I adjusted my top and set my phone on the table knowing we were going to be using it.

Right as I sat down, Nick greeted me quickly with one of his large cheesy grins, I returned the gesture and crossed my legs leaning back so I could let him do his thing and introduce the bit.

“It’s Wednesday morning here on the BBC radio one which is Call or Delete day, and joining me on this fine day is the lovely Baylee from 7 o’clock Monday nights, please give her a warm welcome.” He introduced easily, no stuttering or pauses.