Chapter 35

Sorry I suck so bad here's the chapter you've been waiting for, for like a month <3 sorry about that.

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

I wandered down the corridor alone and hopped into the elevator, today was my chill day, I have no plans, I can just relax and go eat breakfast by myself, I don’t know why but that sounds extremely good right now. Get a nice tall glass of orange juice and too much food to eat just myself. Maybe I’ll go down to the actual event, not just pass through and take some pictures with people. I reached my floor and walked out, my curly hair bouncing along as I went through the crowd of people trying not to get noticed.

My efforts went unappreciated of course when a person with a headset followed by two security guards rushed up to me at a quick pace that said “I got places to be” the guy wearing the headset looked at the pass around my neck and back up to my face, “How old are you?” he asked.

“Uh, 16.” I said taking a step back.

“Perfect, please follow me, and keep up, someone on our YoungTubers panel was a no show and we need a filler, you don’t have any other events planned do you?” He looked at his clipboard.

“Well, I did have a date with a tall glass of orange juice but I guess I can clear my schedule.” I mumbled basically having to run to keep up with his long strides.

The security people walked beside us making it so nobody could stop and ask for pictures which made me kind of upset. We walked past Dan and Phil’s meet and greet. I waved at them and they waved back making everyone in there line look and scream, I rolled my eyes and smiled, they were going to be there a while.

“So what’s this panel about?” I asked becoming out of breath.

“Just pretty much what it’s like being younger compared to other YouTube creators.” He opened the door and showed me in closing it behind me and leaving to do god knows what, I turned around and was greeted by a sea of people sitting in chairs, people clapped for me when I turned around, maybe they recognized me or maybe they were just being polite. I jogged up to the table with the microphone joining the other people on the panel, some of them I knew.

“Yay, it seems our replacement has come to save the day, would you like to introduce yourself, name, channel and sub count?” the moderator asked.

I looked at the name tag in front of me which was not my name, “Well, I’m not whoever this person is so,” I chucked the name tag behind me on the stage which earned a chuckle from the audience, “Anyway, I’m Baylee Prinam, from BayleeNeedsToStop, and last time I checked it was something along the lines of 1.2 million?” People clapped at that and I grinned in response to their claps.

“Okay, now we have a full panel, shall we continue where we left off?” She asked.

We all nodded.

“So, since YouTube is like a career for most creators, do you plan on going to college and or any other form of higher education?” She read from a note card.

I let some other people answer, a lot of them said no, which I understand, everyone looked at me for my answer.

“Well, I want to say yes, but I’m not so sure anymore. I mean I don’t know, I’m going to be a Senior this year so I have to decide,” People clapped at that. I had gotten enough credits through night classes and a bit of online summer school throughout the years to skip Junior year, “I really want to go to York University, ever since I was like 9, because they have a really good film department and English department so, yeah. If I get accepted there I don’t know what I would do, I would definitely keep making videos but I don’t know where that would leave my radio show and I would be leaving my 2 best friends, and I don’t know if I can do that.” I answered honestly. I hadn’t really thought about it. “Being successful in the YouTube community at such a young age is a tough thing to do because on one hand you’re successful, but how long is that success going to last, am I going to be able to live off YouTube when I’m 45? I don’t know, so I think it’d be nice to have a back up plan.”