Chapter 38

Once we walked off stage Patty picked me up and spun me around before setting me back on the ground, “See, you were worried for nothing! You did great! You even sang a bit.”

“And by sing you mean yell the lyrics loudly then yeah.” I laughed, “And you’re saying how well I did but did you hear yourself out there? You’re amazing!”

“Thanks, you’re a really good guitar player, y’know if you ever in the mood for an adventure, you should come on a tour with my band and I.” He suggested.

“I might just have to take you up on the offer Mr. Walters, but I’m very busy these days. I’ll call you when I get a month off, deal?” I stuck my hand out.

He grabbed it and gave it a firm shake, “Deal, and you can’t back out of this, as soon as you get a free month you better gimme a call.”

As soon as our hands disconnected a tall, slim, girl with long flowing ombre hair came skipping over, her smile was pure white and straight as she smiled at the boy in front of her with all the fondness that her brown eyes could muster. It was the one and only Dottie. Patty smiled back at her with the same look on his face and the smiles soon disappeared as they moulded together in a kiss.

I swear, they are the cutest couple on YouTube. Well, excluding Dan and I because let’s face it if we ever come out with our relationship we would be the power couple of YouTube, we’re just letting everyone else have a bit of slack.

Speaking of Dan, I looked around and he was no where to be seen, which is weird because I texted him to come to the stage so he could see me perform, I know he loves listening to me play guitar.

I walked up to one of the people running the mainstage, “Hi, have you seen Danisnotonfire back here?” I asked with a kind smile.

She eyed me up and down, “Depends who’s asking?” She glared at me and I was taken back, “Uh fellow Youtuber, roommate, girlfriend?” I asked the intimidating woman quickly. “I was literally on stage like 3 minutes ago, I’m not some creepy stalker, come on.” The woman looked at me up and down before humming and looking at the badge hanging around my neck for a couple of seconds, she finally looked like she believed me and pointed at the exit, “I think he left about,” She stared at her clipboard, “a minute after Patty Walter’s set finished.”

“Okay, thank you for your time.”

I walked out of the backstage area and into the hallway in search of him or maybe even Phil. I decided to check the rooms first. I knocked on his and Phil’s door and rocked back and forth on my heels before the door clicked open and and he towered over me before turning on his heel and walking back in the room.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, not even a hi?

“So, did you not see my performance?” I asked skeptically, not sure what he was upset about, not wanting to say the wrong thing.

“I saw.” He mumbled sitting back down on his bed and pulling his laptop onto his lap.

“So, what’d you think?” I asked, standing at the foot of the bed, biting my lip stuffing my hands in my back pockets.

“I thought you and Patty were great.” He didn’t take his eyes off the screen, replying monotone except for the word Patty.

“Uh, what’s that supposed to mean?” I ask feeling slightly hurt at his sarcastic tone.

“Nothing, just you and Patty looked like you had a great time.” He shrugged.

I was confused at the way he’s acting and then all of a sudden it clicked and I cracked a bit of a smile, “Dan… Are you… Are you jealous of Patty?” I laughed.