Chapter 10

I’ve been living at Dani’s for about a week now, she would drop me off at school in the morning and pick me up in the afternoon then we would go to my house and get new clothes. Phil and Dan have been acting strangely to me lately, and I don’t know why. Maybe it was because of my little episode. We still talk and stuff but, it’s kind of weird, I don’t know, they’ve just been going off a weird vibe.

I stared at the ceiling, my pillow fluffed up making the couch somewhat comfortable. A million thoughts were running around in my head.

I need to rent an apartment.

I need to get out of Dani’s house.

I have a C in math.

I still have to upload a video this week.

I put my hands over my face and groaned. I got up and shuffled to the sink, filling up a glass with tap water and drinking it down, I glanced at the stove clock and my eyes widened when I realized it was 2am and I had school in the morning. I put down my glass and tip-toed over to the couch pulling the soft covers over me. The thoughts I had slowed down and I began to be in the loopy in-between world of awake and dreaming, then finally, just dreaming.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Baylee! For the love of God! Answer your phone!” Danielle screamed from her room causing me to wake up, I looked down on the floor at my phone which was blasting Teenagers by My Chemical Romance. The time? 5 in the fucking morning. I slid it to answer it.

“Do you know what fucking time it is?” I growled into the phone.

“Um, hello is this Baylee?” It wasn’t an American accent, most likely British.

“Um,” I sat up suddenly more awake. “No, one second let me get her for you.” I lied trying to cover up my rude answer.

I got off the couch and stomped around a little as if going to get someone.

“Hello?” I asked in a higher voice.

“Hello, is this Baylee?” The British woman asked.

“Yes it is, how may I help you?” I asked slightly terrified.

Danielle peeked her head out of her door and leaned against it listening.

“I work for BBC radio and we are looking for someone a little bit different to host a radio show, some other presenters suggested you, and from what they tell us you’re exactly what we’re looking for, someone with a different kind of style. Would you be interested?”

My mouth dropped open, and my eyes went wide.

“Are you there?” She asked.

“Oh um, yeah, yeah I’m here, yes I would be interested very interested.” I spoke quickly.

“Okay, um, we would like to interview you first, make sure you’re the proper pick, since you’re all the way in the United States we were thinking we could just do it over Skype if that would work for you, so you don’t have to fly all the way over here.”

“Yeah, that sounds fantastic.” I stood in the middle of the kitchen running my hand through my hair and nodding while she told me the time of the interview and what to expect, I hung up thanking her for her time. I starred at the phone and Danielle knocked me out of it.

“Well?” she motioned for me to tell her about what happened, “was it worth waking me up at 5 in the morning?”

“Oh my god,” I mumbled to myself, Danielle looked at me quizzically. “I have an interview.” I snapped my head over in her direction. “I have an Interview!”