Chapter 15

Oh yes, the long awaited chapter 15.

I hope it was worth the wait! I had a mini crisis when the file got deleted and just couldn't do anything for days. So, here it is c: Don't forget to vote!

Stalk me on social media?

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

I stared at the older looking school and let out a shaking breath. I picked up my penny board and took out one of my ear buds, then entered the brick building. I’m going to try to make this school different. Students gathered in groups of 2 or more in the commons area, a few stragglers weaving through them to get to their friends or perhaps their first period, the sound of laughter and chatter was overpowering my music. I bit my lip and passed by one of the staircases and 2 vending machines.

My first class was Algebra 2, on the first floor. I dodged students in the hallway trying to make it so nobody touched me, a couple whispers about “That’s the new girl” made their way towards me. I rolled my eyes at the gossip and found my class. I opened the door a bit and peeked in, a few students sat, either reading or on their cell phones. I opened the door more and stepped in, the room smelled sweet, like vanilla and some kind of berry. The teacher smiled at me and gave me a slight nod which I returned. I nibbled on my lip searching the room for a suitable seat, I decided on one in the back corner next to the window.

I set my bag down, leaning it against the wall with my board and scooted into my seat. Despite the dark clouds and sky the room was fairly bright. I pulled my white hoodie sleeves over my hands and crossed my legs, a loose strand that came from one of the holes that lined the black skinny jeans stuck out, I picked at it for a while then stopped not wanting to ruin my pants. I tapped on my desk to the tune in my right ear.

The bell rang indicating that students had only 5 minutes left to get to class. I took out a spiral notebook from my bag and flipped to a clean page, may as well start doodling early right? I began to doodle the beginning of a lion, my lip was caught between my teeth and my bangs covered one of my eyes. Students slowly filed into the classroom. Right when the bell rang 3 students burst through the door and, judging from their laughter, there was only one girl and two guys, but I couldn’t be bothered to look up and confirm my assumption.

“Please, Dean, Skylie, Ashton, take your seats it’s too early for this.” The teacher sighed.

I scrunched my eyebrows together at the name Ashton and glanced up, and there, two rows in front of me with those big brown eyes and jet black hair was ASDA Ashton. He had his legs across the laps of who I assume are Skylie and Dean, at least that’s what the teacher called them.

I scooted down in my seat a bit and pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my black skinny jeans.

I’m watching you.

I typed and sent it, putting away my phone and silently watching the boy until he got my message. He whipped out his phone and stared at it confused before looking around the room. His eyes landed on me and his smile appeared to get even bigger.

“Macaroni girl!” He exclaimed excitedly pointing at me.

“Is that my identifier now?” I laughed scooting up in my chair and fixing my posture.

“Yes, you will forever be known as macaroni girl.” He smirked and lifted his skinny jeaned legs off of his friends, “Come on guys, let’s make it so she isn’t loner girl too.” He grabbed his backpack and plopped down in the chair in front of me, his friends plopped down on either side of him.