Chapter 21

Okay I know the ending may seem a bit weird and out of place but it's v important for the next chapter okay ily enjoy reading <3 Next chapter should be up soon c:

Stalk me on social media?

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

Drinks were being passed out by the dozen; everybody around me has already had more than one. I sat down on the hard wood floor of the large hotel room someone had rented out for the occasion, my shoes sat next to me along with mine, and Phil and Dan’s Sony awards. I sat still, with my eyes closed, the music vibrated through the wall and into my bones.

I didn’t bother talking to anybody, the influence of alcohol already taking advantage of everyone in the room besides me, Dan and Phil had disappeared long ago into the sea of people leaving me to my own accord.

I sucked in a breath, deciding it was time to come out of my introvert nature and try to have fun; not that I wasn’t having fun, I enjoy watching people, knowing that they all have their own thoughts and ambitions, it’s weird to think about and also scary. I shake the thought out of my head and stand up, kicking my shoes and the rest of my belongings behind the curtain.

I pushed my way through people over to the drink table, the bottles and cans over run it; I nibbled on my lip and shuffled over to the end of the table where non-alcoholic drinks such as soda, juice, and water all sit in a small pathetic cooler. I dug around the cold ice for a moment and spotted a Monster Energy drink. I shrugged, I mean, I haven’t had one of these since I was thirteen, might as well. I cracked it open and took a sip, cringing, memories of my swag phase flooded my brain causing me to groan to myself.

I set it down on the table not being able to do it anymore, I glanced into the cooler again sighing at the lack of selection. I turned on my heel and observed the crowd more. I gasped as I felt someone’s arms snake around my waist and turned to face whoever it was, my expression softened at the familiar face of Dan, his hair a bit more messy, breath smelling like a mixture of beer and mint, his tie was loosened and his grin was wider than ever.

“Why, hello there.” I laughed at his scruffy look.

“Hey there, beautiful,” he whispered drunkly while looking me in the eyes.

I looked him up and down one more time and slowly and gently pried his arms from around my waist, “Dan, how many drinks have you had?”

“I dunno,” he muttered.

“That much, huh?” I bit back a laugh at his drunken state, “How about we go sit down, yeah?” I drug him over to the red couch thankful that there weren’t many people here anymore, just about 15 who are too drunk to go home.

“You,” he hiccupped, “You have a nice face.” He giggled and poked my cheek where my dimple usually appears.

“Thank you, Dan.” I let a soft smile escape at his drunk compliments.

“I really want to kiss you right now.” His eyes kept flickering towards my mouth and back up to my eyes, as if he were asking permission.

“Not now, maybe when you’re not so drunk.” I smiled knowing he probably wasn’t going to remember any of this.

“I’m not drunk.” He whined jutting out his bottom lip in a pout.

“Oh? Would you rather me call it wasted? Intoxicated? Plastered? Absolutely smashed?” I listed off synonyms.

“Bayleee,” He whined stretching out the ‘e’ in my name.

“Dannn,” I copied his actions, talking like I was talking to a toddler.