Chapter 30

This story just hit 10,000 reads and that's incredible and I cannot thank you guys enough I never would've thought it would get this far. So thank you, thank you, thank you. This story's first birthday is also in a few weeks (June 28th) so again, for the fourth time, thank you for sticking with it for so long. It doesn't feel like a year at all. 

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

“Morning Phil, how’d you sleep?” I greeted, grabbing his mug and taking a large drink like every other morning, setting back on the counter with a clink.

“Fine.” He scooted his mug back towards himself, “What about you?” He asked, biting the inside of his cheek when he was finished with his sentence.

I squinted at him, “Good…,” I slowly screwed the milk cap back on, “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, dumping a spoon into my cereal and making milk splash onto the counter. His eyes stayed glued to my neck, following as I went to sit next to him. He took a sip of his no longer steaming coffee.

“What happened to your neck?” He observed the band aid I had covered the good size hickey with, leaning up against the counter to see it more clearly. I shuffled uncomfortably.

“Burned myself straightening my hair.” I shoved a spoonful of the colorful circles into my mouth.

“Your hair's still curly.” I could feel him staring straight at me, as I slowed my chewing trying to think of an excuse. His eyes were burning a hole straight through me. I frantically looked towards the hallway hoping Dan would appear to maybe help change the subject.

“Uh…” I panicked and jumped off the counter I had sat on, “I just remembered I have to meet up with my parents, because it’s you know, their last day here so yeah I’ll uh, see you around.” I began to shuffle out of the room but not before Phil grabbed a hold of the back of my sleeping t-shirt and tugged me back over to him.

“Okay, but first tell me who gave you the love bite.”

I rolled my eyes, “How do you know it’s a love bite?”

“I’ve had hickey’s before I know all the tricks, I’m not stupid.”

I bit the inside of my cheek and avoided eye contact.

“Fine, if you’re not going to tell me then maybe I know someone else who will, Dan!” Phil called for Dan. I mentally cursed and shifted my weight onto one foot awaiting the awkward conversation that was about to ensue.

Dan popped his head in the doorway, “Yes?”

Phil waved him over, he stood next to me and Phil leaned against the counter eyeing both of us closely, he knew and it was obvious but I wish he would just get it over with.

“Okay, first things first, how long has this been a thing,” He pointed to the both of us and I looked at Dan waiting for him to do the answering but unfortunately he kept his mouth shut for once.

“It was complicated for about a month but it was official as of last night.” He pursed his lips.

He continued staring, my eyes flicked to the clock on the microwave, “Phil, I have to go meet up with my parents, can I go now.”

“We’re in the middle of a discussion.”

“An unreasonable conversation.” I pointed out, “I get it Phil, you just care about us but we’re adults. Kinda.”