Chapter 31

So I've found myself stuck in this little forest town in the middle of who knows Idaho and I've managed to find the one little ice cream store that has wi-fi and kickass milkshakes.

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

I got out of the taxi before my parents, holding the umbrella over them while they got their stuff out of the back; I stood there for a minute while they hauled their bags out of the boot and realized I wasn’t getting rained on. I looked up expecting to see the dark gloomy skies of the London in the late evening hours, but instead I was met by the plain black fabric of an umbrella, I looked over my shoulder at with Dan whose hair was slightly damp and curling back into the hair he tries so hard to hide with strengtheners and hairspray.

He held a smirk on his face and I don’t know what it is about that smirk but it made me want to kiss him. I wish I could, it’s on my bucket list to kiss someone passionately in the rain while standing on my tip toes. But, unfortunately this isn’t one of those romantic comedies and my parents are standing about 2 feet away from us and I feel like they wouldn’t have as much fun watching as I would be doing.

I turned back around towards my parents and pulled my phone from the back pocket of my shorts, I glanced up watching Phil lug the last bag from the back of the car and quickly sent a text to Dan which read:

Stop giving me that look or else I might do something that both Phil and my parent’s will disapprove of.

We started walking towards the entrance, I handed my umbrella to my Dad who held it over both himself and my mom, Phil walked ahead of them with his own and I huddled under Dan’s, my phone vibrated and I looked at the text while walking towards the door.

Do it, I dare you.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrows and then looked over at the group in front of us, I stopped abruptly and gabbed his shirt using it to pull him down towards me and simultaneously lifting myself up to kiss his cheek.

“That’s all you get for now.” I whispered to him.

It wasn’t exactly an intense movie kiss but I’m sure we have plenty of time for that. I looked around to make sure nobody saw it.

“Do I get more later?” He asked bending down whispering in my ear.

“Maybe?” I winked and he wiggled his eyebrows.

The automatic doors opened for us and we took my parents to the security check, my parents gave me a hugs one at a time then a surprise one creating a sandwich with me as the fillings. They moved on from me and my dad shook both the boys’ hand, telling them what a pleasure it was. My mom however was not nearly as professional about it, knocking the wind out of them when she plowed into them like a linebacker.

“Nice to meet you too Mrs. Prinam.” Phil wheezed.

“You all need to come over in November for Thanksgiving! You’d fit right in with the bunch, we could combine Christmas too! I’m so excited.  I bet we could convince Catherine to come up too, it would be such a lovely surprise for your aunt so don’t say anything!” My mom tried to get it all out in one go so she wouldn’t miss her flight.

“Okay, okay, okay! We’ll try to make it. I’ll talk to Cat and everything,” I smiled, “Now go! You’ll miss your plane.” I shooed her off to security where my dad was waiting in line saving my mom a spot in line.