Chapter 27

I thought I had posted this like 3 fucking days ago and I kept refreshing the thing and was like "okay this is weird why doesn't it have at least one vote yet" and then I realized I pushed save instead of save and publish and now I'm crying. 

Shameful self promo:

Instagram: Baylee.Dunn
Twitter: @Baylxx
Tumblr: Baylxx
Snapchat: Bayleed123

“We should do that more often.” Dan proclaimed. His facial features were outlined by the blurry soft glow of the cloud covered moon, making his skin look softer and hair fluffier.

“I don’t know, I can only handle so much milkshake.” I shrugged reaching into my pocket for our keys as we approached our building.

Even though I didn’t see it, I could feel his eye roll in his voice, “You know what I meant.” I opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me and began to talk once again, “and before you say it,” he stepped out in front of me, “I have bought you a drink.” He grinned. The memory of the milkshake flashing into my head.

I glared up at him, “You sneaky bastard.”

A cheeky grin etched itself onto his face, “I know, I know, so what do you say, would you like to do something like this again?” he asked, eyes growing slightly wider as he examined my face.

“Is this your shitty way of asking me out on a proper date?” I asked, crossing my arms and shaking my head, “I expected more from the Dan Howell.”

He broke eye contact and looked around for a second before his eyes landed on our building’s landscape garden, he jogged over to the side of our building and plucked a yellow dandelion from the base of one of the trees, I bit my lip failing at hiding my smile, “Will you, Baylee Prinam, pretty please, with sugar on top, go out on a date with me?”

I gently took the flower from it’s place in between his thumb and pointer finger and tucked it behind my ear, “Oh Daniel,” I clutched my heart dramatically, “it would be the most gracious of honors.” I acted using the same tone.

“The honor is all mine,” he bowed.

“Okay, okay, cut the shit.” I laughed making him stand up straight again, before walking over to our building’s door.

I yanked my keys out of the lock, making it jingle slightly, I pocketed them and leaned my board against the wall with the other 3 but something peculiar caught my eye, right next to the door were a pair of women’s shoes I knew weren’t mine because they were too big. I looked up in realization and sprinted up the stairs to where Dan was ahead of me. I caught up with him just as he was about to walk into the lounge, I came up behind him and covered his mouth making him quiet before dragging him away, having to be on my tip toes making it slightly difficult, from the hall and into my room.

As I was dragging him away, I caught a glimpse of Phil sitting on the couch with the TV on, except he wasn’t alone, a girl sat beside him, reaching her nicely painted nails into the popcorn bowl that sat beside them, she sat cross legged in a pretty floral dress that complimented her strawberry blonde hair. I didn’t get a chance to see her face.

I pushed Dan into his room and closed the door quietly trying not to make our presence known.

“What the bloody hell was that?” Dan asked adjusting his shirt and hair that I managed to mess up while dragging him violently through the hall.

“I knew it!” I whisper shouted still trying to be quiet.

“Knew what?” Dan asked mimicking my hushed voice.