Chapter Thirty: The Last Day.

Hi loves, here is the final chapter. I just wanted to say thank you to all for reading, voting, commenting. You were the inspiration. These last couple chapters have been extremly hard to write because it is almost like I'm finishing my baby. But there will be a sequel. I promise.. so here is the last chapter. 

Italics mean, El is writing her letter to Harry.

non I italics mean it is happening. 

So here is the last chapter, enjoy. 

-Haiitsel

*********

*El's Point of View*

Dear Harry, 

If you are reading this letter then I'm either dead or in a coma. Please don't cry Harry, I know you probably are.. but I need you do be strong. I'm so sorry Harry, I love you so much. You were my first true love and I would have given up everything for you. That's why I decided not to tell you this. I promise that I will be okay up where ever I am, and I will constantly look over all of you... Even Simon. 

I am writing you this letter because I don't know how to tell you this in person.... If I told you that I wasn't scared, I would be lying. You might think that with this good news we just received that I would be ecstatic. Thing is, I'm really not. What the doctor told us was great, but what you didn't know is that I already heard about the surgery before you even came into the room. See there is a ninety percent chance that I probably won't make it out of this surgery alive. Ten percent that I will but I will most likely end up in a coma. So my chances are not looking so great. I didn't tell this to you, Harry,  because I knew you would try to stop me. I wasn't going to let that happen. 

I'm not scared of dying really, if that is what you were thinking. I've probably tried it thousands of times, but it never was my "time" to go. I just feel that this the only option left, rather than for me to go through everyday in pain. Yes, I finally admit it. I am in pain. Every bone in my body hurts, my arms feel like lead, and my hands feel numb. I don't want to die this slow and painful death. I'd rather be numb and live in a dream that would last forever. I'm more afraid of what you say if I told you the truth, I'm afraid what will happen if I didn't give you a proper explanation. The only way I could say it to you was through this, please don't be mad at anyone. Be mad at me. 

"We're home," Liam's voice brought me out of my silent thoughts. I could feel my eyes open again, only to see darkness. Sometimes I forget that I am blind. That I will one day open my eyes and see the green eyes that stare back at me. I wonder if Harry's eyes have changed lately, from the jade green to the ocean blue.  "Are you coming, El?" 

Smiling, I nodded my head as I felt around for my seat buckle and took it off. "Thanks Li," I giggled as he guided me out of the car. I can always tell that it is by his warm vanilla sent and soft baby hands. Not that his hands are small, they are just smaller than Harry's. 

"Anytime," he chuckled as the familiar cruching sound from the ground came from our shoes. I knew we were close to the steps because Liam slowed down and places his hands around my hips making me squirm. "It's okay," he whispered soothingly.

I only nodded my head as I took my first step. These were the only steps I have difficulty with, I fall almost every time I go up them. Li and Zayn help me practice these steps before, but I am clumsy. Okay El, one step at a time. I thought to myself as I felt around for the step. Good job, now bring your next foot up. I slowly brought the next one from the ground position and tried to balance in order to bring it up to the step my other foot is on. This is impossible.