Chapter Twenty-Four: Not-So-Jolly Fat Man.

*Aliv's Point of View*

"Aliv Grace Masters."

I heard my name out of the scary fat man's mouth. I peaked out of my hiding spot behind Daddy Harry's shaggy brown curls to see him. He was all red in the face and his belly was round, just like Santa Claus. Not that I believed in him or anything. I just let mum think that I do, cause what kid doesn't love presents?

All of a sudden I felt mum's arms tighten around me. "I object!" The D.A.'s voice boomed through the silent room. I turned back into Harry's shoulder frightened.

"I can't stop him. I already granted it." The judge told the D.A. sorrowfully.

"No. No no no no." Mum whispered quietly. "I won't let him take you away from me." I could feel the tears roll down her face, into my hair. I tried to stop the tears from flowing from my eyes. Daddy Harry gently took me from her arms as the patient officer waited for me. I took a deep breath and grabbed onto the man's hand. It was soft, like the stuffed cat Daddy Harry gave me.

I walked with him slowly as we reached the big chair Mummy and Daddy Harry sat before. I still call Harry, Daddy Harry because I don't know if I can call him just Daddy. My daddy waved to me smiling. I put on a small smile as I got to the chair. That's when I saw how huge it was.

"I get to sit on that?" I gasped, asking the judge with a funny name. I don't know what is so funny, but Uncle Ni couldn't stop laughing.

"Yes sweety." He told me as he motioned for the officer to lift me up.

I looked over at Mummy who was still crying into Daddy Harry's chest. I wish I was in her arms, trying to get her to smile. I love when she smiled, it made me happy. She's be off all day though and I don't know why. I don't want her being sad. Mummy's sick now, I know that it isn't the cold type of sick. I don't like it. Is it because of me? But that doesn't make sense. I couldn't be me right?

Interrupting my thoughts the fat not-so-jolly man started asking me questions. I froze, becoming my shy self. Where was Zayn when I needed him? I looked at the man in confusion.

"I said, Aliv do you know what the difference between a lie and what the truth is."

"I.. uh.. I do." I said slowly. I didn't know whether I should be the smart Aliv, or the little two year old. I looked up at Mummy who nodded her head, like she was reading my mind or something.

"What is a lie?"

"A lie is when you say something that doesn't really happen." I recited, we learned that is kindergarten this week.

"Now what is a truth?"

"It is a fact, it can be proved." I told him smiling.

"Well, you seem to know your stuff there." He chuckled darkly. I kicked my tiny legs, feeling uncomfortable.

"Yes, sir!" I saluted him.

"Where did you learn to be so polite? Was it school?"

"No, sir. My Mummy taught me my manners."

"I can see that." He turned back to my daddy and whispered to him. Daddy smirked, and I didn't like it.

"Aliv, you love your daddy right?" The fat man asked me.

"Well, which daddy?" I countered, I really didn't know which one he actually meant. I looked over to mummy and she looked almost a little scared.

"You only have one daddy."

"No, I have two!" I pouted.

"And who are they?"

"Daddy." I pointed to Daddy Harry, who gave me a proud smile. "And daddy." I pointed to my daddy who just glared at mummy and Daddy Harry.