Epilogue: The End to a New Beginning.

Hi guys, so I have decided to end this book this way, and just end it with the epilogue, even though this story did not have a "prologue." I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read this, and took this journey with El and Harry to the very end. There will be a sequel I think, I don't know yet.. I am having some second thoughts. Plus I have an idea for a new story and I need to continue Letters to Alice. Anyways, grab your tissue boxes and read.

-HaiItsEl

**

Beep Beep Beeeep

The alarm clock beeps at the same time it does every morning at six. It gives me enough time to get the kids up and ready before I make breakfast. Groaning I turn over and hit the snooze button, like I do every morning. I usually end up falling asleep again, going back to dream world. That is until the alarm sounds again five minutes later telling me that I definitely need to get up. I stretch and open my eyes to three little bodies cuddling my side. It's not an surprising sight to see, it happens around this time of year. 

"Good morning," I told them before kissing each of their foreheads.

As on cue they all woke up and turned to me, "Good morning daddy." I chuckle slightly and give them a small smile as they look at me with sleepy faces and messy hair.

"Why don't you guys find Uncle Li and go get ready for the day. I'll make some breakfast," I suggested. The three of them nodded their heads slowly as they walked back to their rooms.  Looking back at my alarm clock, I stare at the photo next to it.  Sitting back down on the bed, I slowly took the frame into my hands. Today makes two years since she's left us.  Two years since that fateful day, where she went to dream world. 

I can't help but blame myself for this. I keep going back and trying to figure out where I went wrong, where I missed out on clues she was keeping this from me. She knew the odds of her making it out were slim, and she never once told me the day before it happened.  She didn't want me to stop her from  making a decision that was already set in stone in her mind. 

"Daddy, can we have chocolate chip pancakes today." Beau's voice filled the room as he walked to my spot on the bed. "I thought since Aliv told me that mommy always liked them," he whispered the last part.

Although Beau didn't know El for long, he grew attached her the first five minutes we talked to him. He always listens to the stories we told of El, and he always told about safe she made him feel. I remember a couple months ago, I was watching the video El left for us and Beau had walked in on me crying. He told me couldn't sleep and asked if he could snuggle. I opened my arms to him and he snuggled into my chest as we continued to watch El talk and laugh on the tv. That's when he told me that even though he didn't know her for very long,  he felt like there was a piece of her in him. That she was watching him, and keeping him safe. Then he thanked me again for adopting him before falling asleep. 

"Of course baby," I hugged him and he ran out of the room. These last two years have been difficult for me. The first couple of months, I stopped talking to anyone but the kids. I didn't want to believe it, I didn't want to believe she was gone.  I still refush to believe that she gave up that easily. I turned into a zombie, I barely ate, slept. I didn't want to live without my El. Simon gave us the year off to recooperate, and get our emotions back together. I'm pretty sure that was directed more towards me. 

It's hard knowing that I can wake up every day and I won't be able to stare at her while she's asleep or to give her morning kisses even though she hated when she had morning breath. It's hard to know that I can wake up and she can't. That she's going to be trapped into that dream forever. All of her things are still in her closet, but they are losing her vanilla and gingerbread sent. Yeah, I stayed at the cottage.. actually all of us stayed in this small town. I wanted to live here so that the kids could visit their mom, which we do almost every day.