2

"A underground clinic?" Sanzu asked as the three men dragged Ran into Mikey's office. He was still unconscious. "And the doctor isn't going to snitch? It's on gang turf."

"I've already looked a bit into it, it'll be fine. I suppose you've paid them off?" Kokonoi turned to Kakucho who nodded.

"How's Ran?" Mochi asked glancing at the unconscious man.

"He's fine. Knocked out." Rindou answered shortly, slapping the back of his older brother.

"Take him to rest then report what you've found out about Kurahikari. Stay behind Sanzu." Mikey dismissed the group and they all bowed and nodded with the exception of Sanzu.

"I've always hated the name Kurahikari. 'Dark light.'" Sanzu muttered before looking to Mikey. "What do you need me to do?"

"Should we have a clinician here at headquarters?" Mikey asked blankly. Sanzu blinked once, then twice before coughing.

"What?" Sanzu deadpanned.

"It'd be a lot safer for business. So you aren't running around to find some random clinic in the middle of the back alleys." Mikey shrugged.

"I think it's a good idea, boss." Mochi poked his head into the room before entering with a plate of taiyaki and dorayaki.

"Hmm... get Koko to look into it." Mikey spoke around a mouthful of dough and chocolate. "Alright that's all I wanted." He spun around in his chair to face the window overlooking Tokyo.

Sanzu and Mochi left, walking to the headquarter's living room. "What was that all about?" Sanzu muttered, rubbing a hand over his face.

"What was what about?" Kakucho didn't look up from his phone as the two entered.

"Boss wants a clinic in headquarters." Mochi explained.

"That'd be convenient." Nodding with a cup of coffee in his hand, Kokonoi spoke. "I suppose he'll want me to look into it?"

"Have fun." Sanzu flopped onto the couch, reaching for the draw in the coffee table only for a foot to block it. He looked up to see his older brother holding the draw shut with his foot.

"No." Takeomi scorned Sanzu as he took a puff from his cigarette. Sanzu rolled his eyes and scoffed, sliding a knife from his jacket, silently threatening his brother. Clicking his tongue, Takeomi walked off.

"Maybe a clinician would be a good idea." Kakucho who had side eyed the whole interaction spoke up.

"Yeah someone to keep Sanzu under wraps, under control." Mochi nodded, swirling his whiskey in his glass. With that, Rindou entered the room in more comfortable lounge clothes and flopped onto the couch with a sigh.

"Ran okay?" Kokonoi didn't look up from his laptop as he asked.

Rindou scoffed, running a hand through his pink and purple hair before answering. "He's being a baby. He didn't even lose much blood, nor did it hit anything vital."

"The doctor was good?" Takeomi asked, leaning back on the bar counter next to Mochi.

"Yeah. She was alright." Rindou shrugged. "Can someone get me some orange juice? Pulp." No one moved to accomodate his request so he got up with a groan and walked to the kitchen. "We should get a maid or something."

"You're just lazy." Sanzu rolled his eyes.

"Actually no, we do need a new housekeeper as you killed the last one." Kakucho cut in with a pointed look at the bubblegum haired man.

"Oh. Anyways." Sanzu shrugged, kicking his feet onto the coffee table. "Maybe another maid would be helpful." He licked his lips suggestively.

"A housekeeper and a clinician." Kokonoi muttered under his breath. "We'd be wasting unnecessary money."

"Oh calm down, we borderline being some of the richest bastards in the world." Mochi chuckled.

"Why not find someone who can do both?" Suggested Takeomi and Mochi nodded, wagging his finger at him to further show his agreement.

"It'd have to be someone who's trustworthy too, so that they won't go snitching." Kokonoi spoke to himself, rubbing his jaw absentmindedly. "It'll be hard to find someone who meets that criteria."

Rindou, who had been watching everyone from the kitchen counter with his orange juice thought for a moment.

"What're you thinking about?" With a glance up at him Kakucho asked. Rindou shrugged, downed the last of his orange juice before throwing the glass into the sink. Thank god for reinforced glass.

"The doctor who looked after Ran..." He muttered to himself thoughtfully before shaking his head.

"What about her?" Sanzu asked, picking at the seam of his jacket with a knife. Rindou shrugged once again, tiredly sitting on a stool.

"What'd you think of her?" Rindou asked Kakucho, the only other male who had spoken to her; without being in a delirious state.

Kakucho hummed then nodded. "She seemed good. I don't think she would've snitched. I probably didn't have to pay her off."

"So what I'm hearing, is that you wasted unnecessary money?" Kokonoi spoke with a pissed off smile.

"I guess it can also compensate for whatever trouble Ran and Rindou caused. Plus I felt bad, she was probably working the night shift by herself and she looked really young and I doubt she gets paid very much." Kakucho continued on, thinking back to the young, rather timid lady.

"So what are you getting at?" Mochi directed the question at Rindou. The man sighed, looking at Kokonoi then at Kakucho.

"You guys were talking about getting a clinician or something here and I thought she could do it?" He answered simply. "She seemed decent enough."

"Like decent personality or looks?" Sanzu asked with a smirk, to which most of the other men in the room rolled their eyes at. "What? If we're gonna get a maid she might as well be hot."

"Think with your head, not your di- Oh how are you feeling Ran?" Kokonoi turned his head to the male who had walked into the room. Ran grimaced.

"Why'd you guys have to move me? The doctor was cute." Ran groaned as he rummaged through the fridge. "Why do we have nothing to eat?"

"So she's cute?" Sanzu licked his lips and nodded to himself. "I'm all for her working for us then."

"Do you ever shut up?" Takeomi made a disgusted face at Sanzu, flicking a cinder from his cigarette at him.

"It doesn't matter if she's cute or not." With a roll of his eyes, Kokonoi spoke. "It matters whether she can work and keep quiet. She'd have to work 24/7."

"Hey wait, who said she was gonna work for us? Actually, who would ever work for us?" Kakucho frowned. He pushed his hair back from his face and wrinkled his nose. "We're a bunch of criminals."

"Look. People are people. They're greedy. Flaunt a bit of money and they'll fall to their knees for it. Just look at Koko." Rindou gestured to the white haired man who rolled his eyes. "Keep rolling your eyes you're gonna lose em back there."

Ran snickered at his little brother before looking at Kakucho. "We could run some checks on her, make sure she's trustworthy."

"Hang on, hang on. Is this a definite thing? Mikey's decided?" Takeomi clarified with an exaggerated exhale of smoke.

"Yeah." Sanzu answered. "He told me to tell Koko to look into it."

"Ooh henchman style." Ran grinned lazily and poked Kokonoi's face.

"If you weren't still delirious, I'd hit you." Kokonoi warned him with a sharp look.

"Yeesh. Think it was the stress that turned his hair that color?" Mochi nudged Takeomi who choked on his smoke as he chuckled.

"Maybe we need like a babysitter." Kakucho muttered under his breath. "That'd make less work for me."