30

"Stupid Hanma, stupid Kazutora, stupid Kurahikari." Rindou mutter as he kicked a rock down the road. "If it wasn't for them, I could be eating what (Y/n) made for lunch."

"Ugh I want tacos." Ran whined. "I really want tacos."

"Well if we finish routine check-ups of the warehouses we can go back to headquarters." Kakucho sighed, checking his watch.

"I wonder how angel is faring with Mikey?" Ran thought aloud.

Kakucho and Rindou looked at each other.

"We've got two left, so let's hurry." Rindou muttered.

They rushed to the car, Kakucho driving to the next locations. The warehouses owned by Bonten were used for many things, drug manufacturing, prostitution, gambling, gun manufacturing and other criminal activities. They were often targets of competing criminal groups as they were collectively a prime source of income.

Some others were Kokonoi's IT business, a front but nonetheless brought in a lot of money, a chain of bars that were owned but not managed by the signature trio of the Haitani's and Sanzu, Mochi's underground gambling meet ups  and contracting for hired workers that Takeomi managed.

Kakucho didn't do much. As Bonten's number three, he held the organisation together pretty much single-handedly as Sanzu was always high on either drugs or a murderous rampage and Mikey was just, well, depressed.

Kakucho stopped the engine of the car, grabbing his gun and exiting, the Haitani brothers following close behind, fully armed and on the lookout.

They entered the warehouse, walking past workers to get to the management office.

"Makoto, everything running well?" Kakucho asked a middle aged man who was running the warehouse and overseeing the manufacturing of guns.

"Smooth as can be." His beady eyes darting back and forth.

Ran narrowed his own eyes suspiciously. "How's other factors?"

"Uh...Kurahikari have been lurking around, Taishi over there shot one of them yesterday when they got a bit too close." Makoto drawled, pointing a finger at a younger male.

Very faintly, a commotion outside was heard.

"Hell." Ran muttered, his little brother swearing more vulgarly behind him.

"Did you mention anything to anyone about the check-ups?" Kakucho asked, checking the clip in his gun before sliding it back in.

"No I don't think so." Makoto frowned, hand reaching for the table behind him.

A round of gunshots rung out and whilst Ran and Kakucho ducked, Rindou rolled his eyes and pointed his gun at Makoto, shooting two holes in the man's chest before he toppled over. "Scummy traitor." Rindou muttered.

"Rin get down!" Ran hissed as a bullet narrowly missed his brother and ricocheted off a sheet of scrap metal.

"We gotta get out of here. They'll probably blow it up." Kakucho cursed, taking out a second handgun.

Standing up, he quickly scanned for enemies as Ran and Rindou shot up behind him. He said a flutter of fabric and followed it to a desk were a figure peered up at him his gun ready to shoot before Kakucho shot him in the head.

Ran took one out by the door as Rin covered their backs.

"How many do you think there are?" Ran asked.

"A few. If they knew we were coming, there'd be a few."  Kakucho answered.

"You think that highly of yourself, do you?" A familiar voice teased and Kakucho whipped his head around to see someone he thought he'd never see again.

"Shion." He greeted, holding his gun up to the man's face.

"Sorry Kakucho, as much as I'd love to stay and chat," Madarame ran a hand through his hair, his two lackeys coming up behind him, "I have things to do. We'll make quick work out of you."

Three gunshots rang out and his lackeys dropped to the floor. Ran and Rindou high-fived each other.

Kakucho shot Madarame in the leg, the male dropping to the floor and screeching in pain.

"You talk too much." Kakucho muttered, grabbing him by the injured leg and dragging him to the car. "Let's get out of here, all the workers know the procedures to clean up."

"Yessir." Ran slurred lazily, but his eyes were still searching around, his guard up. Rindou followed behind, still holding his gun at ready and coving their backs.

A pit in Kakucho's stomach made him look up and survey his higher surroundings.  And of course, his instincts were right as he spotted a gunman on the roof. "Sniper!" He called, Ran and Rindou immediately running after him, keeping their steps irregular. Kakucho hoisted Madarame up, determined to keep a hold of his hostage. This gave Madarame the opportunity he was waiting for.

He pulled a knife from his jacket, shoving it deep into Kakucho's lower back, dragging it down. The scarred male grunted and stumbled, glaring down at Madarame before opening the boot of the car and throwing him in roughly. He slammed it closed, making sure that Madarame's hair was caught in it before pulling the knife out and sliding into the front seat.

Ran and Rindou were both already in, Rindou emptying his bullets at the roof until the sniper fell off.

Kakucho started the engine, only for it to splutter and stall. He yelled out, slamming his hands into the steering wheel and getting out. He opened up the bonnet to find the engine smashed.

He cursed, roaring in anger before walking around and opening the boot to find a laughing Madarame.

"You're so stupid." He laughed. Kakucho's face darkened as he grabbed the man by his hair and threw him out of the car.

He yelped and tried to crawl away, only for Kakucho to slam a foot into his back, winding him with a sickening crack.

Rindou watched from the roof of the car, holding an Ak-203 at the ready while Ran called for someone to pick them up.

Kakucho picked Madarame up again only to throw him agains the car, jostling the vehicle and almost making Rindou fall off.

"Hey, be careful!" He yelled.

Kakucho ignored him and the dent in the car as he reached for a whimpering Madarame.

"You're pretty pathetic." Kakucho sneered, holding the knife he had just been stabbed with. He dragged Madarame back to the warehouse. Finding a nail-gun, he held the man up to the wall. "I was planning on keeping you as a hostage but you're just too annoying." He pulled his jaw down, hearing flesh and muscle tear before he stabbed him through the mouth, pinning him to the wall.

He then began nailing to keep him in place, the dying screams of pain and piercing of flesh washing over him in a calming melody of blood and gore.

"Kakucho! We're going." Ran stuck his head in and Kakucho nodded, looking at his artwork before walking out past Ran.

However, Ran walked in, whistling before snapping a couple of pictures. "That's brutal."  And he followed a stumbling Kakucho to the pick up car.

"You alright?" He asked as he watched Kakucho fall into the backseat. The scarred male touched his back, his fingers slippery with blood.

"Oh crap." Rindou's eyes widened and the pick up driver sped off immediately.

"Hey stay awake." Ran slapped Kakucho's cheeks alternatively. "What's nine plus ten?"

"Get off." Kakucho muttered, wincing in pain as he shifted to get more comfortable.

"Don't worry, (Y/n) will fix you up." Ran reassured him, patting him on the shoulder. "She does a good job."

"Can we stop for smoothies?"

—————

How y'all been??