32

Wordlessly, he walked through the clinic. The way his footsteps echoed across the drab walls made him cringe internally.

The cacophony of the world was muffled, outside noises of traffic and violence cut off.

His heart was in his throat as he adjusted his tie, loosening it and dragging a hair through his hair.

"(Y/n)." He stepped through the door where he knew you would be.

But you weren't there.

Instead, a male wearing a devious grin spun around slowly on a chair, leaning forward into the light, his interlocked hands on the desk in front of him.

"Where is she?" The newly entered male hissed.

Seated in the chair, the other man laughed. "Now that is a good question. But aren't you going to ask who I am?"

"I know who you are." From the door, he turned to leave.

"Well then, aren't you going to ask about me?"

"I'm not interested in you. I want to find (Y/n)."

"You're not going to find her!" The voice called out as he left. Rolling his eyes as he scoffed.

"I will find her. I will always find her."

—————

"Hold still." You grumbled, hand pushing down against Sanzu's stomach." He kept wriggling around, unable to stay still due to the drugs he was on.  Mikey wordlessly stood up from his corner, holding Sanzu down by the shoulders. "Thank you." You murmured as you began stitching up the wound. It wasn't bad and you had already cleaned it up, so it was pretty easy from then on out.

"Boss." Sanzu looked up at Mikey who's attention was on you. "Boss." He tried again.

"What?" Mikey spat harshly.

Sanzu furrowed his brow, craning his head up to look at you.

"Stop moving." You berated once more. Mikey immediately slammed Sanzu's head back down.

The impact resounded in the bubblegum haired man's skull, somehow clearing it and making it easier to think.

"Are you going soft boss?" Sanzu asked, not hiding the distaste in his tone. Mikey turned his head to face Sanzu, his eyes still fixated on you.

"I suggest you watch your mouth, Sanzu. You're starting to sound like you doubt me." Mikey blinked and his cold, dark eyes was boring into Sanzu's.

The pinned down male flinched slightly, not because of the needle piercing into his skin, but rather because of the realisation that the boss he worshipped had indeed gone soft for some girl.

He felt his eye twitch as his jaw clenched.

"Sanzu, I'm done stitching, I just need to apply the gauze." You spoke, holding up the pristinely white fabric. He adjusted himself so you could do so once Mikey had relinquished his grasp. "You should take it easy and get a lot of rest."

"Whatever." Sanzu sneered, turning away. You sighed, smiling tiredly at him.

"You're all good. Take care." You gestured for him to leave. And he did.

"Well I guess you didn't get your medical degree for no reason." Mikey spoke eventually and you turned with an expression of amusement.