11

You had just finished plating breakfast and were getting ready to go up to Mikey when Rindou popped out the elevator with an exaggerated yawn.

"You look like hell." He said with an amused smirk before pushing past you to the table.

"Good morning to you too." Muttering under your breath, you entered the elevator. It was true, you didn't look as radiant as usual due to the fact that your night was spent drenching your pillow with tears.

Upon Mikey telling you to enter, you hastily walked in, placed the food on his desk before walking out.

He stared at the door for a good minute after you had left before he let his head fall onto his desk.

You needed to go.

He didn't like this, it was a terrible idea and he could see the light fading from your eyes. It sickened him how he enjoyed it but a part of him, that small sliver of humanity trapped inside of him wanted to preserve that warmth and bath in it. To be engulfed by the kindness you shared and to protect you.

It was very conflicting.

You raced out of Mikey's room to avoid any further conflict only to bump into Sanzu on your way out.

You muttered an apology, moving to pass him when he reached out and grabbed your arm.

"I'm offended, doll. You act as though you hate me." He wore a puppy-dog pout that was given away by the malice glittering in his eyes.

You bit back any retort as you wanted nothing more than to be out of his presence and not cause drama.

"Maybe, we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I apologise for saying we should've kidnapped you." His eyes twinkled and you grit your teeth as you looked away.

Hoping for a distraction, you nodded to him. Seemingly satisfied, he let you go. "Go on doll. Have a good day." He patted your head before sauntering to his office.

Standing rather shocked, you touched where he had patted your hair. That was the most normal interaction you had had with the pink haired male. Even with his mention of kidnapping. It lifted your spirits a bit. Leaving to walk to the elevator with your head raised a little higher, you were oblivious to the eyes watching you go.

Sanzu chuckled with softened eyes. How cute you were.

Back in the kitchen, you noticed the lack of food in the fridge that you must've ignored when you made breakfast.

"That's weird." You murmured to yourself as you browsed the sparse items.

"Yeah. Wanna go shopping?" Mochi asked from the couch. You looked up and nodded.

"That'd be great thank you." You forced a smile and he chuckled.

"Go get ready and let me know when you wanna go." Waving you off, Mochi looked down at his magazine with a smile. Mochi liked you. He didn't have any siblings growing up, nor did he have much time for family as he was in and out of prison. But you felt like a little sister; timid and sweet which became the reason why he hated when the others picked on you.

You definitely didn't deserve it.

You had lived a troublesome life already and he felt bad that the other's found pleasure in tormenting you. He waited for you to return, spinning a pen in his hand as his other fingers rhythmically tapped the magazine.

Dressed comfortably and casually you walked in and waved to Mochi.

"Ready to go then?" He asked as he used his knees to help him stand up. "Want anyone else to come with us?"

"No." You replied firmly with a brisk shake of your head. He nodded and followed you into the elevator, punching the number of an underground level. He had asked just in case you'd be more comfortable with another person. He wasn't surprised when you said no.

"Where are you two off to?" As the elevator doors open, they revealed Ran and Kakucho covered in blood. You eyed them warily, taking a step back towards Mochi.

"Food shopping. Kurahikari?" He asked with a gesture towards their clothes.

"Yeah they're targeting our businesses and stuff. Mikey know you're going out?" Kakucho wiped his filthy hands on his even filthier jacket.

Your mind went blank at the mention of the other gang. You often heard snippets of what the underground activity was like. Kurahikari was one you were especially familiar with as they often caused much havoc.

"(Y/n)? Come on let's go." Mochi snapped you out of your thoughtful state and led you to his car.

You arrived at the shops quickly and bought a week worth of food and snacks. "What would you like for dinner tonight?" You asked Mochi. He shrugged and smiled.

"Whatever you wanna make sweetheart." His words made you smile so you decided to get the ingredients to make one of your favourite meals.

While you were reaching to grab something, a figure loomed over you and plucked it right out of your hands. His familiar scent of cigarettes and cologne made you jerk your head up in surprise.

"Hanma?" Your eyes widened. His lips curled into a grin and he chuckled.

"(Y/n)." Then his eyes looked past you and at Mochi. "Ah! Mochi! It's been a while."

Mochi narrowed his eyes and looked back and forth from you to Hanma. He spoke slowly and cautiously. "Yeah. How are you?"

"Yeah I'm good! Business is good, I've just been missing my dear love here." Hanma spoke, gesturing to you. You shook your head with a forced smile, the tension thick and suffocating. "Where have you been, sugar tits?"

Squirming uncomfortably you looked to Mochi for help. Ironic as he was one of the ones who practically kidnapped you.

"I've been busy." You answered small hand Hanma smirked.

"Right. Not busy with work though, correct?" He brought his face down to yours and you shuddered slightly. An arm traced your side delicately as he whispered in your ear. "Have you been busy without me?"

Mochi took action and shoved Hanma away from you, pulling you behind him. "Sorry Hanma, we're in a bit of a rush to get home."

Hanma's expression tightened and he threw his hands up with a grin. "Of course of course. Bye-bye!" He allowed the two of you to pass, stopping Mochi with a hand on his shoulder. "Watch out Bonten."