17

"Don't." Kakucho leant down and whispered in your ear making you jump back, falling into his chest.

"Huh?" You exclaimed.

"Don't play dumb." He set you up straight before returning to his post behind the shopping trolley. Your eyes followed him before returning to the purple flowers. But the watchful gaze that bore into the back of your head prompted you to move along.

"You got a lotta herbs there." Mochi sidled over, holding a pot of daises in one arm, disregarding his suit being dirtied. "I picked this one out. Kinda reminds me of you." He smiled and placed it in the trolley for you. You felt your face flush as you forced a smile.

What on earth were you going to do with the delphinium? What, was your plan to kill everyone and jump off the roof? Because escaping that place was literally impossible. Mochi had walked off, leaving you in a daze and with a daisy plant.

You shook yourself out of it and continued walking until you found Kokonoi. He was staring blankly at a sunflower.

"Kokonoi, are you alright?" You asked softly, placing a hand on his shoulder, making the man jump and raise a fist.

"Don't sneak up on me." He hissed and lowered his arm, brushing off the shoulder you touched. His tense expression softened as he stared into your eyes. "Hm... bright."

He turned to look back at the sunflower, fingers brushing against the golden petals before he grabbed the head of the flower and crushed it in his hand.

"Uh... I'm gonna go look at succulents." You turn and walk away. "Does he have a vendetta against flowers?" You ask Rindou who was stabbing cacti. He looked up with a smirk.

"Oh it probably reminds him of his dead girlfriend."

You spluttered in disbelief. "Oh gosh that's bad."

Rindou shrugged. "If you ask me, he should get over her. It's been like fifteen years."

You furrowed your brow and opened your mouth to retort when Rindou pulled you into his body, saving you from a kid racing down the aisle with a trolley.

"Careful there clutz." He teased. You huffed, feeling your neck warm as you breathed in his cologne. You pulled away after a moment, muttering a small thanks and he nodded, patting your head.

"You know," you started with a small smile, "I thought you'd be more of a jerk than your brother."

Rindou didn't take much offence to this. "Yeah trust me, bastard's a lot worse." He rolled his eyes, pulling his knife from a cacti.

"We ready to go?" Mochi called out from where he was holding two large saplings.

"Yeah, sorry." You called and rushed over to the checkout.

So with a variety of plants and seeds piled up into cars, (Kokonoi bought a tarp so his car wouldn't get dirty) You were all headed back for headquarters.

——————

Kakucho, who sat in the passenger seat with You and Mochi, noticed your change in behaviour as they headed back. "Mochi." He spoke lowly. "Let's stop for a drink."

Mochi glanced at him in confusion before his eyes flickered back to your anxious form. "Hey Sweetheart, where'd you wanna go for a drink?"

You looked to him, tearing your eyes away from the freedom outside the glass window and hummed in thought. "Maybe a bubble tea place?"

Mochi nodded and smiled at you, reaching back and holding out a candy for you. You took it and smiled back. Kakucho tapped away on his phone to find a place.