45.5

Back in Japan, 21 hours ago...

"Who in the hell is this?" A snarky voice barked out and the men looked around with wide eyes.

"Koko. It's me. Inui." The man spoke quickly.

"Inupi? How on earth did you get this number?" Koko hissed in a whisper.

"Never mind that." Taiju stepped in, snatching the phone away. "You have (Y/n)."

"Yeah, not really by choice. But she's okay." A pause, "-ish. Also what? Taiju?"

"Hello cat." Taiju huffed, "Bonten's wallet serving you well?"

"Not gonna lie, the mental trauma isn't really worth the money." The man barked out a pained laugh.

"Kokonoi...right?" Asked Kazutora hesitantly.

The man hummed.

"I want my little sister to be safe. With me preferably."

"Believe me, I want that too. But keep her away from Hanma. I don't like that bastard."

"Yeah that's the plan." Taiju muttered, throwing a glare to the unconscious man.

"Okay. So. How are we gonna do this?"

"Well..." Taiju looked around at the men nearby, "there's a restaurant in Hawaii..."

—————

You grinned as the dessert was brought out, making a quiet request to the doting waiter for favourite bits of leftover food to be kept in boxes for you to eat later. He ensured that it was done, having some of the servers neatly pack it away for when you left.

"Oh I'm not sure how much more I can eat." You murmured as you finished off a bowl of one of your favourite desserts.

Rindou reached out a spoon, "try this one."

You did so, humming happily and in disbelief. "I love food."

Mochi chuckled and nodded, "me too sweetheart."

"Yeah we can tell." Snipped Sanzu. All heads turned to him.

"Dude," started Rindou, "literally shut the fuck up. Nobody even wants you here."

"Aint no way you're about to body shame when you're literally decrepit from all the drugs you put into yourself. I was able to knock you down with one kick. Get off your high horse." Takeomi snapped. People stared.

You cleared your throat, "um, are we going now?"

"No." Kokonoi answered instantly, looking at something, or someone behind you. "Not yet."

Kakucho turned to see what he was looking at.

He was in on the plan. And so was Mochi and Takeomi and Rindou. What the plan was, they couldn't tell. They were just told to go along with anything.

But as Kakucho surveyed the room, his eyes caught on the familiar sea-green eyes that lingered on you as you enjoyed your food, despite the stiff atmosphere. The server shifted uncomfortably under Kakucho's gaze and nodded to him, bringing over a bottle of wine.

"Hello, " Kakucho murmured above the pouring of the wine, "Chifuyu."