43

Your hand was placed in the crook of his elbow as he escorted you into a fancy restaurant.

"Oh Taiju, this is too much." You whispered, jewelled earrings that he had bought on an anniversary past chiming gently as you shook your head.

He chuckled, "If I could, I'd get you the stars and the moon, my love."

Your face burned, even after three years of his flattery it still made your heart flutter. "You're too much."

He simply planted a kiss to your forehead as you were lead to a secluded table, upstairs on a balcony. The soft scent of star jasmine wafted in the air as you took in the greenery that covered the railing. Candlelight and the glow from inside illuminated the surroundings sufficiently.

A soft Etude played the background as Taiju took your coat and pulled out your chair for you.

"This is gorgeous." You looked around in awe and Taiju had to stifle a smile of how cute you were.

The waiter came back, sliding you menus and taking your orders for drinks. You noticed that the prices were omitted.

"Taiju." You said slowly. His reply came instantaneously.

"Yes, my love?"

Butterflies.

"Uh, where are the prices?" You asked in a hushed whisper. He looked up from his menu with a frown.

"Why would we need something so unnecessary?"

"You spoil me."

"No, my love, I just try to give you what you deserve." He closed his menu and took a sip of his wine. "And right now, that is a good meal. Know what you want?"

You scanned the menu one last time before nodded and telling the waiter who took the orders then walked away with a smile and a bow.

"Okay so what's the special occasion?" You lightly traced the rim of your glass, a smooth note ringing out.

Taiju raised a brow, "I can't treat my love to a nice meal without an ulterior motive?"

"Tai, you know I'm happy just to spend time with you, I don't need all this. But it is amazing and I very much appreciate it." You reached out to take one of his calloused hands in yours.

He smiled, lifting your hand to his lips.

"How have your studies been?" He redirected the conversation and it carried on lightly until food was brought out.

"Enjoy." The waiter smiled and retreated once more.

"Oh wow." You murmured softly and Taiju smiled, cutting off a piece of steak for you to try, knowing that you would eventually be seeking to steal some of his food. "Oh that's good. Here."

Conversation still carried on but eating was the main priority.

"Dessert?" Taiju asked upon seeing you lean back in your chair with and empty plate. Your eyes lit up.