14

You blinked, trying to make sense of his words. "Time to go?" You repeated dumbly. "What do you mean time to go? My brother is-"

"Yeah yeah, Mikey called. We gotta get back." Takeomi glanced at the door before grabbing your arm and pulling you in the direction you came from.

"Wait no! Hang on!" You pulled back against him, his grip tightening. "I want to see my brother. He said I could see him."

"(Y/n), if you know what's good for you, shut up." Takeomi growled, yanking you along violently. Frustration made your eyes tear up but you bit your lip and followed along. You felt your heart break, knowing that you were leaving your brother and it broke a little more, hearing his voice call your name.

"(Y/n)?" He had shouted when the guards came to take him away after informing him that his visitor had changed their minds. He caught a glance of you and began pulling away from the grip of the officer. "Is that you?"

"Tora!" You turned back, shouting over your shoulder and hoping to see him, only for Takeomi to shove you into the elevator, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"(Y/n)!" Your brother called once more as the metallic doors closed. Sobs tore at your throat as Takeomi held you up by one arm like a ragdoll, the other was focused on lighting a cigarette.

Ignoring the looks of other people in reception, Takeomi proceeded to drag your sobbing body to the car, throwing you in and locking the doors. He started up the engine without a word and began speeding down the highway. Your crying ticked him off, Mikey's command angering him more. It was cruel.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, inaudible over your broken sobs. As he drove, he mentally blocked out the sounds of your despair. It didn't take long for you to cry yourself to sleep, by the time you had arrived at headquarters again, you were knocked out, hair in disarray and makeup ruined. He sighed, picking you up, piling your baked goods on your body and carrying you to the elevator.

"Takeomi?" Kakucho's surprised voice called when he entered. He turned to find Kakucho sticking an arm out to stop the door from closing. "What happened to her?"

"Mikey. He decided to pull a cruel prank." Takeomi muttered. Kakucho blinked, taken aback from his colleague's words.

"What?"

"Told her she could go see her brother, only for him to call me up and tell me not to let her." Takeomi barely explained, eyes catching on the bags of baked goods balancing on your unconscious form.

"Oh." Was all Kakucho said in response.

The rest of the elevator ride was silent, Kakucho allowing Takeomi to exit before him. He followed behind as Takeomi carried you to your room, opening the door as the older man had his hands full.

"Thanks." Takeomi nodded, laying you on the bed and walking away. Kakucho lingered, eyes observing your pitiful state. He sighed before taking your shoes off and tucking you into bed. He left your room with another sigh only to be jump-scared by Ran grinning slyly.

"Quite taken with sweet little angel aren't you, Kakucho?" Venom just about dripped from Ran's words as he taunted the scarred man.

Unthreatened and unfazed, Kakucho ignored him, walking past him and to the elevators. Ran narrowed his eyes as the other man walked away.

———————

"Don't you think that was a little too cruel?" Takeomi entered Mikey's office. Sanzu sneered at his older brother from his place beside Mikey.

"You're a soft old man Takeomi, what happened to the 'God of War'?" The pink haired man called mockingly, rolling brightly colored pills around in his open palm. "Her brother took his, why not let them suffer some?"