35

"Chifuyu." Draken greeted with a crinkle of his eyes and a wave. Besides him, Inui looked up from the bike he was working on, grease smeared on his face drawing attention to his gorgeous evergreen eyes.

"No puppies today?" Inui asked with what could only be described as disappointment. Chifuyu chuckled but it was without humor as he waved a hand.

"I'm afraid not. But I have picked up two other strays." At his words, Kazutora and Hanma emerged, two pairs of gold eyes shining with very contrasting emotions.

Draken's eyes narrowed as his grip tightened on the wrench he held. "Hanma."

"Now, now... that's no way to greet an old friend, is it Draken?" Hanma grinned manically, leaning forward as to not hit his head on the doorframe. He then let out a yelp.

Chifuyu had taken advantage of his stooped frame to grab his ear. "What is with you and thinking you're friends with everyone?"

"You're no fun." Hanma grumbled, smacking his hand away. But the attention had been taken off him and was on the newly freed man.

"Kazutora." Draken spoke, placing the wrench down as he narrowed his eyes.

Casting his gaze to the floor and staring at the new shoes that had been bought for him, Kazutora mumbled, "Draken-" only to be wrapped up in a hug from his old friend.

"How have you been?"

"Dunno about y'all, but I would've preferred actual puppies."

—————

It was so early in the morning that the sun hadn't yet risen, the way being illuminated by streetlights. You found yourself in the back seat of Mochi's car with Mikey, Takeomi, and Rindou.

Mikey had fallen asleep on your shoulder and Rindou was nodding off against the window. Being with them was very morally conflicting. You knew they were murderers and well, worse but they were kind to you, with the exception of Sanzu. But even he had come through and gotten you a visit with your brother. You were conflicted but you weren't exactly sure what about. But you pushed your thoughts away and fell asleep, head resting on the side of Rindou's arm.

—————

Being escorted onto a private plane was something you'd never imagine for yourself, not even with the money of one of your wealthier exes.

But as Mochi held your hand up the stairs to ensure that you didn't fall as Mikey's grip on your jacket almost pulled you back, you gasped upon seeing the rich interior.

"You like it, ecstasy?" Takeomi smirked and you rolled your eyes at his name calling.

"Respect your elders." Rindou scolded with a playful glint in his eye as he took your carry on luggage from Mochi and escorted you in. In doing so, he subtly cut off Mikey's grip on your shirt. "Where can I seat you so you'll be out of the way little clutz?" Rindou asked, remaining playful.

"I'm easy." You answered, serving away obviously from Sanzu and Ran where they sat facing each other at a table.

"Easy my foot." Rindou chuckled, smacking a hand into Sanzu's face upon passing. "Here."  He led you to a couched area with a coffee table.

"Make yourself comfortable, it's about a seven hour flight." Mochi smiled and sat on one of the couches near you.

Mikey did the same but instead sitting right next to you.