3

That morning, you had sprinted home to your dingy apartment, shoving the dirty money into a draw and panting as you held it shut.

Holy crap. You had just run into who you supposed were some of the biggest men in the gang business. To say you were terrified was an understatement. You knew how extreme gangs were as you had to deal with injuries because of it.

You also knew that the money was a bribe so you wouldn't say anything, not that you would've, but you knew that if they were really worried about you speaking about it, they could cut you down like a weed. People like them had no regards for other people's lives. All that mattered to them was business.

You even knew what group they belonged to, you had started keeping track on gangs although you still treated everyone who came into the clinic the same.

You told yourself that you wouldn't use the money and you wouldn't worry about it anymore.

Of course, it lingered in your mind, but it was two weeks before it actually became important again.

But when it did become important again, oh boy were you terrified.

————————

"Hey angel, how have you been?" A lazy voice called out for you and you jumped, almost handing a heart attack. It was two am. You were tired. Waiting to clock off at six.

There stood the man you had pulled a bullet out of a week ago and you felt the blood drain from your face.

"Sir, I promise I haven't said anything to anyone about anything." You bowed your head.

"My, my she's a timid one. Adorable." Another voice drawled. You angled your head enough to find the owner of it and there stood a man with bubblegum pink hair. What was up with that anyways? Was abnormal hair colors the trend at the moment?

You shook yourself out of your thoughts and back to the reality you found yourself in.

"Sorry to bother you this late." The black haired man who had given you the money entered alongside a man with silver-white hair and sharp eyes. "But we have a business proposition to make."

You gulped, looking around before nodding. "Would you like to go to the break room? It's not much but we'll be able to discuss whatever it is while seated." You suggested, taking note of your shaking legs that didn't go unnoticed by the men.

"That would be preferable." The white haired man nodded and you began leading the way to the break room.

Once everyone was seated, you hovered by the chair closest to the door. "Can I get you anything to drink?" You asked, forcing a pleasant expression onto your face.

"No, no. Please just have a seat so we can discuss somethings." You plopped down onto the chair, finding yourself extremely exhausted already.

"The other week, a man with the help of his brother came in to be treated by you," The man with a scar across his face spoke with a voice soft enough to help calm your nerves. "That was Ran." He gestured to said man who grinned and waved. You nodded back politely with a small smile.

"God can we just get to the point!" Pink hair groaned, banging his head on the table impatiently.

"Shut the hell up for two minutes goddammit Sanzu!" The white haired man snapped as he glared at Sanzu.

"In short, we need a clinician at our headquarters and a housekeeper of sorts." The ravenette sighed heavily, giving you an apologetic look. "You'd be employed pretty much 24/7 so you'd be supplied with everything you'd need, food, a room and whatever."

"Why me?" Was all you could say.

"You were first choice darling." Ran smiled, placing his chin in his hand as he gazed at you. You gulped and nodded.

These men all probably had a few screws loose and didn't need a proper reason to do anything. They just did what they wanted and hardly ever suffered the consequences.

"I've just finished my medical so I'm not very experienced." You admitted to which the silver haired man waved off.

"You'll do. I haven't spent all this time digging into you for nothing. What do you say, (Y/n)?" The white haired man had apparently finished his bickering with Sanzu and spoke to you. "You'll be paid a lot of money."

With a shake of your head, the looks on the men's faces darkened.

"See? I knew we should've just kidnapped her, Kakucho." Sanzu muttered, eyeing you with narrowed eyes.

"You're asking me to pack up my life to live with a bunch of men and look after them." You summarised, exasperated. "You can understand where I'm coming from."

The man you knew now as Kakucho sighed and nodded. "I suppose it would seem strange, but it's really a win for you. We'd give you access to an account that will always have enough money to suit your needs, you'd be living in luxury."

"Besides, it's not like you have much of a life at the moment." The last unnamed man said with a flick of his silvery hair. You puffed out your cheeks, knowing that it was true before exhaling and leaning your head back with closed eyes.

"Bonten, right?" You asked, opening one eye to scan around the room. The men wore surprised faces and you nodded to yourself. Looking at Ran, you tapped your own throat where his tattoo was. "I'm well versed in gangs in this area. I've had many a men come here because of the violence you all indulge in."

"Self-righteous much?" Sanzu clicked his tongue and you shook your head slightly.

"No... I'm a doctor. It's my job to help people so naturally I'd be opposed to violence." You answered matter-of-factly.

"I like you. You got spunk." Ran grinned. "I thought you were nothing more than a timid mouse."

"Anyways," Kakucho brought the conversation around and cleared his throat, "what do you say?"

"Well, considering the fact that he," you pointed at Sanzu, "mentioned kidnapping me, I don't really have a choice so I'll say yes now."

Ran and Sanzu chuckled.

"Koko? You heard the lady." Ran looked at the white haired man who nodded and tapped away on his phone.

"So, contract? When do I start?" You asked and the men just looked at you. "Basic information?"

"We're going now." Kakucho told you as he stood up.

"Well can I go home and get my stuff?" You asked, furrowing your brow. "And like tell the landlord?"

"It was taken care of." Kokonoi pushed his chair in noisy and gestured for you to follow him. "All your stuff has been packed and moved into your room at headquarters."

"You really were going to kidnap me if I said no." You made a face and edged away from a chuckling Ran and Sanzu, sticking close to Kokonoi and Kakucho.

"Sorry. It would've been rather unethical of us." Kakucho leant down to whisper. You stiffened and looked up at him.

"I'm sure kidnapping isn't half as unethical as some of the things you do." You told him before entering the car door he had opened.

"I'm starting to think this was a bad idea." Kakucho dragged a hand down his face tiredly.