22

"I heard you apologised to (Y/n)." Ran gave a side eyed glance at Sanzu who was checking his gun.

Sliding a clip in Sanzu sighed.

"You really can't mind your own bloody business."

Ran laughed and smirked. "I just thought it was interesting. What happened to making her a plaything?"

"Mikey." At Sanzu's response, the two looked down at his bandaged hand.

"Ah." Ran nodded. "I won't lie, I'm still rather suspicious of her."

Sanzu paused before answering sarcastically, "I wonder why we're meeting with Hanma."

Ran waved a hand before a car pulled up.

"Ran, Sanzu." Hanma exited from the car and strode forward, a glock dangling from his fingers. "How's it going?"

He spoke with a grin that didn't reach his eyes.

"Dealing with your little cronies targeting our businesses. Kokonoi's hair has turned three shades lighter." Ran matched his fake grin, hands tracing the carvings on his gun.

Hanma chuckled, pushing his hair back before speaking. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure."

"(Y/n)." Sanzu answered sharply and Hanma's smile fell. His jaw clenched ever so slightly.

"What about her?"

"Well we're a little concerned in Bonten that she has ties with Kurahikari." Ran crept closer, leering grin on his face. "We don't really like spies."

"She doesn't have ties with Kurahikari." Hanma answered firmly. "Just me."

"And why is that?" Sanzu asked.

With a small sigh, Hanma shook his head like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Kazutora."

Ran and Sanzu looked at each other, equally surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"After Kisaki bit the dust I went to go visit Kazutora in juvie. He wanted me to go find his little sister and take care of her." Hanma answered.

Ran and Sanzu shared a look of suspicion. "But you two weren't very close?"

"Well, you could say I was feeling a little sentimental after everything went down." With a shrug, Hanma leant against the bonnet of his car. "It's too bad she was locked up in an asylum when I went looking for her."

"She was only in for four months?"

Hanma narrowed his eyes before letting out a short laugh. "My god your informant sucks." Sanzu and Ran were taken aback.

"What?"

"Try two years." Hanma revealed. The two Bonten members were shocked. "Thirteen to Fifteen."

"Holy crap," Ran breathed, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're pulling my dick."

"Nope." Hanma said, popping the 'p'. "After she carved up her daddy and burnt the house down she got two years."

Sanzu cocked a brow, "no juvie?"

"Compromise." Hanma made a face, "Jesus you really knew nothing about her."

"Well like you said, our informant sucks." Sanzu muttered.

Hanma cackled. "Kokonoi?"

"Yeah." Ran nodded. "How do you know all this?"

Hanma held up a finger. "She told me," he put up another one, "decent informants," a third finger went up, "illegally obtained documents."

Sanzu rolled his eyes.