25

"Damn." Rindou sighed, slouching back in his chair, drinking from his juice box.

Mochi grimaced and nodded, staring at his glass of whiskey.

"It almost makes me feel bad." Kokonoi sipped his champagne. The other two turned to look at him, causing him to scoff. "Almost." He stressed.

"It still doesn't make sense that she didn't serve any time." Rindou hummed, tapping his chin. "Like I know she was in an asylum but..."

"Yeah." Mochi muttered. He tapped his glass, the honey coloured liquor stirring ever so slightly. The room fell silent until he abruptly stood up, downing the contents of his glass before slamming it down on the table. "I'm going out."

He left, entering the elevator as Ran exited.

"Wonder what's gotten him worked up." Ran cast Mochi a look before the doors closed. "How angry is Mikey on a scale of one to ten?"

Kokonoi thought to himself for a moment. "Outwardly, a seven. He was a lot calmer than you'd think."

"Hm." Ran poured himself a glass of milk. "I suppose that's good. How'd you screw up the information that bad?"

Rindou snickered at something on his phone, looking up when the other two glared at him. Rolling his eyes, he grabbed his phone and pile of snacks he had been hoarding and headed for the elevator. "Have fun gossiping or whatever it is you girls do."

Rindou got off at the garden as he was curious to see if you had done anything.

He found you calmly dig flung holes for little seedlings with a small spade.

"Hey clutz." He announced his arrival and you lifted your head in greeting. He could see the puffiness of your face- a clear indication that you had been crying.

You sniffled, wiping your nose on the sleeve of your shoulder as he approached.

"Jellyfish." Your voice cracked and Rindou winced slightly. He squatted down beside you, the smell of wet soil mixing in with the herbs you were planting in a earthly yet comforting smell.

"You alright?" He asked to which you shrugged. In turn he nodded. "Yeah, don't really expect you to be."

You turned to look at him again, hands gently patting down the soil surrounding a small basil plant.

"You going to see your brother today?" He prodded as he softly poked your cheek. Your eyes widened slightly and he almost chuckled. "Did you forget?"

"There's been a lot going on." You muttered, starting to pack away your things.

"Is anyone taking you?" Reaching a hand out, he yanked you up from the ground, supporting you until you found your balance.

"I think Kakucho was the only one with time off to do so."

Rindou frowned slightly. "I'm free too." You looked at him and blinked.

"Oh." You were unsure of what you were supposed to say.

Once down to the floor of your room, Rindou bid you farewell and left you to do what you wanted.

So you took a shower, the suds cleaning away the dirt and grime, the hold water almost scalding. The steam fogged the mirrors and other glass in the room as you let the water run for a good twenty minutes before deciding it was time to get out.

You took your time getting ready, picking out a comfortable outfit and leaving your hair as it was. You stared at yourself in the mirror, the bags under your eyes coming not from lack of sleep but stress.