23

Mikey got the call, after lunch. He was in his office, staring at the documents on his desk when it started ringing.

He wasn't happy. After hearing from Ran and Sanzu, he decided there was a certain someone he'd have to talk to.

"Kokonoi." He said into the phone.

Kokonoi, on the other side, cringed.
"Yes boss?"

"Get good." Mikey hung up. Kokonoi let out a sigh of relief.

"How'd you get off that easy?" Rindou asked, jaw dropped. Ran had been recording the whole meeting live and Rindou had watched with Kokonoi after they met up for lunch. Kokonoi shivered and muttered,

"I don't know."

——————

Back in the garden you were calmly planting your plants. Hands brushing over the soft soil where it clung to the creases. The sun was warm, not too hot and was complimented with a cool breeze.

You looked out at the city, tall buildings reaching for the sky, a metropolis of lights and sounds.

"(Y/n)." Mikey's voice called for you, softly and carried by the breeze. You turned and walked over.

He stood, hands in pockets and bare feet digging in the dirt.

"What's wrong?" You asked, frowning upon seeing the frown on his face.

"Everything." He answered to which you answered with a smirk and a roll of your eyes.

"Okay emo boy," you took hold of his arm tentatively and guided him to a garden box where you were getting ready to plant vegetables, "lend a hand?"

He blinked and nodded, watching as you got packets of seeds ready.

"What are we planting?" He asked, craning his neck to catch and glimpse of the packaging.

"Here we'll do tomatoes, capsicum and chilies." You held up the packets for him to see and he nodded. "We'll do it straight into the garden bed cause I do not want to do seedling repotting."

Mikey nodded along blankly, not really knowing what you were saying but followed your guidance.

"(Y/n)." He asked eventually, hands gently covering seeds. You hummed and pushed some hair from your face with the back of your wrist. "Can you tell me about why you killed your father?"

The packet of capsicum seeds clutched in your hand fell to the dirt, the contents spilling as your breathing grew laboured.

"What?" You asked, brows furrowed and eyes full of panic.

Mikey tilted his head curiously. "What made you kill him?"

Your hands gripped the soil as you tried to find some support. Shaking your head, you felt yourself tear up.

"(Y/n)." A hand slipped under your chin, tilting it up so you could look into Mikey's dark eyes.

Your breathing slowed and heartbeat steadied as you stared at you emotionlessly.

"Why does it matter?" You choked out, tears forming in your eyes. They spilt over, creating tracks on your dirty face. Mikey hummed and brushed them away with a thumb, staring at them interestedly. His gaze then turned back to you.

"Tell me."

And so you did. The words bubbling out of your mouth with sobs as the night replayed itself vividly in your mind.

Warning! I didn't really want to put warnings anywhere in this story as I mentioned that I wouldn't in the bio thing but this next bit is really gritty and contains mentions of rape, assault and murder.

"You're not my daughter. That whore of a woman slept with so many other men that you probably aren't mine, so this is fine." He slurred, forcing your body down as you thrashed. The overwhelming stench of sweat and alcohol rolled off him, pungent and repulsive.

"Get off." You growled as his hands slipped past the waistband of your pants.

"Stop struggling. You should be honoured." His other hand lifted from where it was pinning you down to slap you across the face. Tasting blood in your mouth, something inside you snapped.

You began thrashing harder, screaming and spitting at him. He shouted in retaliation, trying to get you back under control. But then your hand brushed against something metal under your pillow.

The pocketknife Kazutora gave you as a gift, the last birthday you had before he went to juvie.

Still struggling against the man, you flipped it open with one hand, using your other to force him back enough to drive the blade throat his throat. He stopped struggling as crimson dripped from the wound, painting his neck and your hands. You dragged the knife down, carving into his flesh until it met his collarbone.

He gurgled and strained to breathe, clawing at you with his grubby hands as you stared him in the eye, watching his own cloud and dull with death.

Mikey stared as he watched you gasp for air. Nodding, he took his hand away from your face.

"Okay."

Was all he said as he let you cry in front of him.

He wanted more information but that would have to wait until you were in less of a emotional state.

——————

Kazutora ran a hand through his hair, the shaggy greasy locks tangling around his fingers.

"(Y/n)." He whispered to himself, the memories he had shoved away coming flooding back to him. "My sister." He roaches back and forth, overcome with grief and pain.

"Yes." A voice called and he looked up in surprise. Behind the other side of his cell he could see a tall figure, features obscured by the lack of light. "Your sister."