37

"I knew Baji didn't have a girlfriend. There's no way he could pull." Draken exclaimed softly.

"He was pretty obsessed with blowing stuff up." Kazutora huffed in amusement. "But I think he liked her."

"Okay but is this relevant?" An antsy Hanma prodded Kazutora. He got dirty looks from the group as Chifuyu sighed.

"Look, we want to know what you know about Mikey and Bonten." He asked, crossing his legs and leaning back in his chair.

Draken and Inui looked at each other before shrugging. "Nothing that isn't on the news."

"Mikey kidnapped someone?" Inui was still stuck on the first portion of the conversation.

"Well, we're not sure. I don't think it was by choice." Chifuyu spoke, glancing at Kazutora and Hanma.

The latter had his jaw and fists clenched. "It was kidnap. She wouldn't do that. She's got good morals."

"I think that would get her to go with them. Especially if they threatened her." Draken started. "And especially if they threatened Kazutora."

"That is plausible. Kazutora was probably a key part in why they took her." Chifuyu murmured.

Hanma scoffed. "Come on it was ages ago. There's no way he'd still be that pissy."

Everyone looked at him before Draken spoke up. "Hanma. Kazutora killed both Shinichiro and technically Baji."

"I don't know, yeah I'd be pretty annoyed. Dunno if I'd kidnap someone though." Inui offered his opinion as Kazutora sighed.

"Look we just wanna know whether you'd have any leads or be willing to help." Chifuyu cut in, tentatively patting Kazutora's shoulder. "We're worried."

"Well, you guys mentioned that you had seen her, did she look like she was in danger?" Inui asked reasonably, only for Hanma to throw his chair aside as he stood up and walked out. "He's a dramatic one, isn't he?"

"Give him a minute to cool off or something. Anyways, Kazutora..."

Outside Hanma huffed, the sky crying in a miserable downpour of rain. He leant against the wall of the bike shop, letting out a small choked sob that constricted his throat and he slid to the floor, lighting a cigarette.

"I'm so sorry baby." He muttered, exhaling smoke and raking a shaking hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry."

—————

The rest of the plane ride was fine and you finally arrived in Hawaii, the sun glaring down at twelve in the afternoon.

"Beach time bitches." Kokonoi lowered his sunglasses as he walked down the metal stairs.

"We had lunch and breakfast really early." You heard Rindou mutter from behind you and when you turned to look, he jokingly pushed you down the stairs, grabbing you at the last second.

"Hey let's maybe not kill the medic?" Mochi patted Rindou's shoulder as the latter rolled his eyes.

"She'll be fine, right klutz?" He held your arm as he helped you down the stairs. You rolled your eyes, gripping his arm in terror that he'd throw you down as a joke. At least that way he'd fall with you.

"What are we doing first?" Kakucho asked, carrying a sleeping Mikey. You turned to look up once off the steep stairs and smiled at him.

"Let's get to the hotel, then that way we can drop everything off," I pointed at Mikey, "and Koko can go to the beach."