7. Healing

Art by ???

⚠️BLOOD AND INJURIES⚠️

3rd Person Omniscient POV

After Quackity stormed out of the prison, Sam goes back to his office and buries his face in his hands.

"Fucking Quackity. Thinks he can do whatever the fuck he wants. I'll change that soon enough."

Y/N brings 7 buckets of water, 12 healing potions, pieces of cloth, bandages, food, and other supplies to help Dream. She also brings back his possessions as well. After setting all of them on the bridge, she reaches the cell and moves the supplies off to the side for the time being.

There's blood creeping all over the floor and Dream is curled up against the wall with his back to the lava. His back is bleeding heavily.

Y/N reaches out and touches his shoulder.
He shivers and flinches away.

"P—please," he sobs. "No mo—re."

"Dream," she says quietly and touches him gently again.

He whimpers and buries his head into himself.

"Dream," she says softly. "Look at me, I'm here to help you."

He slowly turns, his whole body screaming in pain.

He stares at her and when she tries to reach for him, he flinches back.

He's terrified, I need to go slow and wait for him.

I don't want any more pain. I want to be left alone. Dream buries his head farther into himself.

He glances at Y/N but he's too scared to even let her touch him.

Her hand stays out for a few minutes as they stare into each other's eyes. His emerald green eyes dart back and forth anxiously, from her hand to her sword to her face.

He lets more tears fall and puts his face against the ground.

"Dream," her hand brushes his shoulder and he cries out again.

Go awa—" his voice breaks off and he starts to cry.

"Dream," she says a little louder. "Dream."

He stops crying and looks at her.

"I'm not here to hurt you okay? I'm gonna heal you remember? I said that I would help you after Quackity was done."

Dream takes in a shaky breath and breathes out slowly. She inches closer and he flinches harder.

Eventually, she manages to slowly grab his hands and pull him away from the wall. He moans at the pain.

"I'm sorry," she says stroking his dirty blonde hair. "I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna roll you onto your back okay? I need to heal your front. It'll be painful but just bear with me."

He hums weakly in response and she slowly flips him over onto his back. At the contact, he cries out and sheds more tears.

Y/N sits beside his head and looks at him sorrowfully while he glances at her fearfully.

Her hands go to his shackles and unlocks them gently.

She takes a bucket and cloth and gets to work. Dipping the cloth in the water and gently cleaning his wounds along his arms. Once his arms are cleaned, she pours a healing potion on his cuts and gashes. He gasps at the contact but smiles at the relief soon after. She takes some bandages and wraps them up. Leaving his wrists unlocked, she also unlocks his collar chain and heals his neck.