22. Escape

Art by @irrttggg on Twitter

⚠️BLOOD WARNING⚠️

Dream POV

The figure jumps down towards the water, pulling me with them.

Are they crazy?

The minute we hit the water, the Smp members surround us. They pull me onto the shore and we face off. We're outnumbered and out geared but they hold the shield in one hand, sword in the other, ready to fight.

Sapnap lunges forward and tries to hit us but they block him and knock him back with a surprisingly strong force.

They go for Punz and manage to cut his hand.

"Agh!" he staggers back. "Why did Nightmare have to be the one to break Dream out?"

Nightmare? That's their name?

Sam's sword hits my shield and I immediately push him back. I run. Dodging arrows and blocking swords and axes.

I turn and see Nightmare slashing at people, injuring many of them. I smile but the moment of distraction lets an arrow sink into my calf. I cry out in pain and Sam points his bow at me.

"Give it up Dream!" he yells. "Just go back!"

I see the black mask turn and face me. They turn and kick Ant away and run towards Sam.

They push him against the ground and help me up. I feel something cool slip into my hand.

An ender pearl.

I back up as I watch Nightmare reaches into a pouch by their belt and pull something silver out.

Punz gasps and backs up as three discs fly through the air. Sam shrieks as they find their targets on him. He collapses to the floor, the blood seeping into the water, turning it red.

The Smp members surround them and they pull their weapons. Nightmare puts two hands into the pouch and spins in a quick spiral, throwing a dozen discs out in all directions.

Punz, Bad, Ant, Sapnap, Micheal, Eryn, and Jack all jump back but it's too late.

Of the 12 discs thrown, 9 land.

Punz's upper right arm, Sapnap's lower right thigh and cheek, Ant's left side and side of his face, Micheal's neck, Eryn's right ankle, Jack's left hand, and Bad's jaw all begin to bleed.

The blood spills into the water as they fall and scream, clutching their injuries.

Nightmare laughs and shoots an arrow at the TNT on the prison.

It's all going to explode.

I throw the ender pearl at a grove of trees. The pearl lands and I gasp out in pain as the sudden contact brings pain to my injured calf.

I hear the TNT go off and Nightmare suddenly lands in front of me. I give a small yelp and they wrap their fingerless gloves hands around my mouth.

They pull the arrow out and pour a healing potion onto the injury then wrap it up with a white bandage.

I nod and they grab me by the collar and drag me over to a tree. They pull out a rope and tie me against a tree branch. They lean down close to me, the mask pressing against me ear.

"You better still be here when I get back," Nightmare whispers and then they're gone.

What? Wait is Nightmare a female? Her voice was so intimidating and showed confidence. I guess I should stay here since if I leave, she'll be really angry with me.

I sigh and close my eyes but soon wake up to more explosions in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Punz POV

I pull the disc out my right arm as the blood runs down.

Shit. She's good at throwing.

I pocket the disc for further investigation.

I watch others pull out the discs and toss them against the ground.

The prison has been blown up. At least the outside. The others go inside to investigate.

"Punz!" I turn as I hear my name called.

"Y/N!"

She runs down the hill towards me and gasps.

"What happened? I got the alarm that Dream was trying to break out. I would have been here sooner but I was already halfway to my base when I heard Bad telling everyone."

"He did escape," I say and wince again and she gasps in horror.

"Oh god, let me help you."

She pulls out a piece of cloth and presses it to my wound.

"Thanks."

Y/N pours a healing potion onto my arm and hand. The wound immediately closes up.

"So that's what the discs do?" she asks.

"Yeah," I pull out the silver disc. "The one on my arm was from her discs, my hand was from her sword."

"Oh okay."

We both run inside the prison and we find the rest of the Smp inspecting the rooms.

"Careful," Sam is saying. "There's TNT and end crystals everywhere."

We decide to leave it and travel to the main cell. I've never been here, it would be hard to see the face of someone I betrayed.

We reach the edge of the lava pool where the cell was submerged.

"I'm going to take a look," Y/N says and quickly pearls over.

"Hey," Bad says and examines a lever stuck to the wall. "What's this?"

"Bad do NOT touch that," Sam warns.

Suddenly they hears explosions going off.

"Y/N!" Bad shrieks as the end crystal next to her blows up and she falls into the lava.

"No!" I yell and get ready jump in to help her. I drink the fire resistance potion but Sam pulls me back.

"We can't!" he yells pulling me through the prison. "It's all about to go down!"

We run outside the prison as the prison explodes, sending us all backwards.

I cough and turn to face the prison.

Everything has been reduced to rubble. The lava spills out onto the ground.

Surely Y/N could survive right? She must have had fire resistance. But the explosions were so strong...

I run to the lava pool and gasp.

Floating in the lava, are glimmering purple pieces of netherite armor.

Bad gasps and starts to cry.
I feel tears well up too.

All the time we spent training, fighting, talking. She saw me as a person, not a mercenary.
Now she's gone.

As we stare at the remains of her armor, a figure dressed in black darts away, into the forest.

Nightmare.
I will kill her for this.

——————————————————————————————

1,069 words

Punz wants revenge...

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!