53. Hidden Allegiances

Art by @squidt0fu on Twitter

Dream POV

The smokes hides the stage and I can hear people coughing.

One snap and the bars of my cage break.

Nightmare gives me a belt with my items and armor. I thank her and quickly put the armor on.

The smoke clears and Nightmare and I stand on the stage.

The people look shocked and I see Punz smile.

"What the hell?" Quackity storms over but Nightmare draws her sword and he backs up.

"Did you really think that I'd fall for this trap?" I laugh at Tommy's horrified face. "It's too easy! All of my enemies in one place?"

"Dream just give up," Quackity says. "You're outnumbered. Even you and Nightmare can't take everyone. You'll never escape"

"I don't think so" I smirk. "Maybe some of them are... on the wrong side"

At my words, Sapnap slowly moves towards me, climbs up the steps and draws his sword. As he stands next to me, Punz, George, Karl, Eret, and Puffy follow.

The smiles at the look of their faces as one by one, the people they trusted to attack me, had been on my side the whole time.

Sapnap, Punz, George, Karl, Bad, Skeppy, Ant, HBomb, Eryn, Puffy, Eret, Ponk, and Nightmare all stand with me. Weapons drawn.

"You lied to us!" Fundy shrieks. "You told us you'd help us capture Dream!"

"Oh no, did we lie?" Skeppy smirks. "Dream came to us first and offered an alliance"

"We trusted that you would be able to take down Dream with us, you were working for him the whole time?" Tubbo looks shocked.

"I mean yeah" Eret flicks his sword back and forth. "Why would you count on us? Are we just mercenaries to you? People you can just summon at will and make them fight for you? We have our own beliefs you know"

"What are you planning to do huh?" Tommy provokes. "Just going to start killing us?"

I look at Nightmare wondering what she's think. I watch a hand slide into her pouch and pull out a sliver disc.

What is she planning?

The disc flies through the air and nearly hits Tommy but he jumps aside at the last moment.

Within a split second, Techno jumps forward and slices his sword towards Tubbo.

Tommy jumps in front and blocks it with the shield.

The party descends into chaos. My allies rush forward and start attacking, Techno and his friends attack too.

I go for Tommy, shooting arrows at people as I go.

"Hey Tommy" I smirk and jab my sword in his direction. Tommy lifts his diamond sword but with only unenchanted diamond armor, he poses little threat to me.

Our swords clash and the sound of fighting fills the air.

I watch Nightmare stand on the podium before burning it down, laughing.

I push Tommy away and he staggers off the stage, one arm bleeding.

I can't kill him, yet.

"Techno! Phil! How could you do this?" Tommy yells at them.

"We have reasons Tommy" Phil answers before blocking a hit from Jack and Techno shoots an arrow at Fundy's leg.

Within minutes, it is clear who is winning. The allies clearly have more numbers and more skill.

Nightmare stands on top of the burning stage and gazes down on the fighting.

I quickly light more of the wooden structures on fire.

"Tommy!" I hear Nightmare yell at him.

"You!" Tommy storms to the stage and looks up at her with hatred. "This is all your fault! You broke Dream out! You've been helping him! You told him all about our plans!"

"Why not?" She smiles. "All is fair in war"

"How could you side with him? He's a monster! He killed Y/N!"

"Y/N, Y/N. Everything about her. Why do you care so much about her Tommy? Did you ever go looking for her? Did you ever ask about her? No!"

Her rage boils to the surface.

Nightmare laughs.
"You know why she never went to look for you? You never cared, and she stopped caring"

"How would you know? Dream is the one that killed her!"

"Tommy" I can see the delight on Nightmare's face. Her fingers reach up to undo the mask and pull off the hood.

The mask drops to the ground and the hood falls back.

Tommy steps back and looks as if he's been struck by lightning.

"No, it can't be" he whispers in the silence that fell among the fighters.

"Tommy you never cared about me! All you cared about was Tubbo and the discs! You never even cared about your family! You betrayed Techno! You never cared about him, or Wilbur, or Phil, or me! You only come begging for help once things don't go your way! I watched you during everything, I was waiting for the day for you to say, "hmm let me try and see where my sister's at". But no, you never thought about me. You never even mentioned me! When you were talking about your family, you said you had two brothers, Techno and Wilbur, and a father, Phil. Am I that irrelevant to you?"

"Y/N— I tried to get you back from Dream! He tortured you! How could you side with him after that?"

She laughs and I feel a smile curl onto my face as well.

"I planned all of that, Dream wanted some revenge on you and I let him do that to me. He revived me after. You know, when he asked me if I felt bad about tricking you, I said no. You never cared about me so why should I care about you? You never went looking for any of your family after Dream was put away! Techno left to the nether, Phil went to the end, Wilbur was revived but you barely spent time with him! If your family means so much to you, why don't you show them that you care?"

"I just want things to be back to normal," Tommy says. "I want it to be back when L'Manburg was still existing"

"Tommy!" Phil yells at him, finally having enough. "Don't you see?! Things can't be back to normal! That's in the past, nothing can change it now! We have to move on! Stop trying to go back to the past and focus on the present!"

"Phil you're supposed to be on my side!"

"Your side? How could I possibly? You formed governments, you practically forgot about us! How could I possibly be on your side?!"

"Tommy," Nightmare slips her mask back on. "I'll show you that I'm not irrelevant! I'll make sure you see that! I'll make sure the whole Smp sees that!"

She lunges forward and throws 4 discs at her brother.

Tommy staggers back, bleeding heavily.

I watch her put on armor and pull out her sword.

She flicks her hand towards the water.

"Wilbur now!"

I hear a faint click and as I move towards the water with my allies, I watch Nightmare shoot an arrow into Tommy's stomach as the ground explodes.

———————————————————————————

This is where it all begins.
The war is fast approaching, who will be on whose side?

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!