10. Get Out

Art by @blackdo70460708 on Twitter

Dream POV

3 months later

"Dream," I turn and see Y/N holding out her hand for my journal. "Quackity's here."

I hand her the journal with a solemn look.

"Good luck," she says to me.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Sam and I will be watching and we might intervene if Quackity gets out of hand."

I nod and smile weakly. Y/N touches my shoulder and ruffles my hair.

"Stay strong."

Then she goes and I lean against the wall, bracing myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just give me the fucking book!" Quackity yells slamming me against the wall and holding a pickaxe to my throat.

"No!"

He lunges forward and swings out in anger with the pickaxe. In his anger, he misses and hits the wall instead. The obsidian cracks and I feel the floor shake.

"Quackity!" Sam moves the bridge and he and Y/N start moving toward us.

"No!" Quackity yells with a crazy looking his eyes. His pupils are blown wide open and his lips curl into a smirk. "He needs to die!"

He swings again but misses, continuing to strike the walls.

The obsidian cracks and pieces begin to fall into the lava. The whole floor gives way and we both fall. Sam and Y/N jump into the lava and Sam swims towards Quackity who is swimming in the lava with full netherite. I stand on a broken piece of floor and Y/N cuts toward me. She jumps onto my platform and quickly splashes fire resistance on both of us. Her force causes both of us to fall and I scream but she grabs me and holds me above the surface.

"The chains!" I remind her and I see her working to break them from the metal plate.

Y/N gives up and drinks a strength potion. In one violent tug, the chains snap and I feel myself floating in her grasp as the obsidian sinks to the bottom.

She grabs my clock and calendar while pearling back to the first room.

"You okay?" she asks the minute our feet touch the ground.

"Yeah, I'm fine, you?"

I feel the hot metal touch me and I let out a whimper. She grabs a bucket of water and quickly pours it over the chains to cool the metal down.

"Quackity you idiot!" Sam is yelling from below. "Dream could have escaped!"

"Dream doesn't need to be in here anymore! He needs to die!" Quackity yells back.

In a flash, Y/N has her sword out and is pointing it at me.

"On your knees," she says.

"What?"

"On your knees!"

I drop to my knees and she wraps her left hand around my neck in a chokehold while her right-hand points the sword at my throat.

"Sorry," she whispers.

I nod, knowing what she meant.
Whatever she needed to do to maintain our friendship.

A minute later, Sam and Quackity pearl back up.

"Oh thank god, Dream didn't escape," Sam's face relaxes.