24. Not Safe

3rd Person Omniscient POV

After leaving Dream at the base, Nightmare sets off to retrieve the discs she lost in the fight.

They're not hard to make but not losing them is better.

Mask on, she finally reaches the river where they fought. Many of the discs are still scattered on the ground.

They weren't smart enough to take them, except for Punz.

She feels a twinge of guilt for hurting and faking her death in front of her friend but it had to be done. She collects 14 discs and quickly makes her way back to the forest but stops as she hears talking.

"Where do you think Nightmare and Dream went?" Sapnap is saying.

Nightmare crouches on top of a tree watching Sapnap, Punz, and Sam talk.

"I don't know," Sam replies. "I don't even know how they got in."

"Wait so what happened in the prison Sam?" Punz asks.

"Well, she snuck in somehow and disabled all the alarms, locked all doors and entrances, and placed TNT and end crystals whenever she could. Bad noticed but was unable to do anything at that point. I fell asleep in my office and woke up to Bad screaming at me to help."

"You fell asleep!" Sapnap yells. "What kind of warden are you?!"

"I was tired okay?!" he throws up his hands. "Y/N noticed me being tired and suggested I go home and sleep but I didn't since I wasn't sure if Nightmare was going to come and sure enough, she did."

Punz's face falls at the mention of Y/N.

"Anyways," Sapnap says. "Let's focus on Nightmare and Dream. They've definitely gone far out and will probably be training. We need to find them now before Dream is back at full strength."

"Well," Punz says pulling out the disc. "She's definitely a trained assassin. This is a well-made disc and it seems that she had a lot of them. Her aim was so accurate, it was scary. Dream will probably be trained better than ever by her."

Nightmare smiles under the mask, two discs slip out of the pouch and into her palms.

"We need to study that disc," Sam suggests. "We can find out what metal was used to make it and figure out where she's from."

"Or," says a menacing voice behind them. "I could just let you have some more."

They whip around and Nightmare stands there, dark as night, holding a pair of silver discs that flash in the moonlight.

The three pull their swords and get ready.

Nightmare scoffs.

"Barely a challenge."

Sapnap roars angrily and goes forward but Nightmare grabs his arm and pushes him to the floor. Sam and Punz go in for the fight but Nightmare throws two discs at them.

⚠️Blood and violence warning⚠️

One slices Sam's hand, and the other slices across Punz's cheek.

They both gasp which distracts them long enough for Nightmare to move in and strike.

She knocks Punz to the floor and throws a disc at his knee. She slams Sam against the wall and slices the disc across his throat just barely missing the biggest artery. He holds his throat and she drops him, blood spilling out onto the floor.

Sapnap charges her with his axe but she moves at the last second and it lodges into the wall.

"What did I tell you?" Nightmare asks punching Sapnap in the head and then the stomach. He coughs and she kicks him in the shin before throwing a disc at his wrist, barely missing another major artery. He falls to the ground.

"Those who attack from behind are weak and cowardly."

Nightmare hums as she walks around, collecting the discs and wiping the blood off.

"I could have easily killed any of you. I know where all the major arteries are that make you bleed to death within minutes. Don't test me."

"Then why don't you kill us?" Sam gasps out.

She laughs coldly.

"Dream wants revenge on all of you believe it or not. It wouldn't be fair if I was the one to kill you. He's doing great by the way. Free as ever."

Her voice becomes colder. "You're not safe, just remember that. I can watch your every move."

With that, she's gone.

The three lay there, gasping until Punz finally moves to heal his wounds.

"Thanks," Sapnap says as Punz tips the potion down his throat. "We need to spread the word to the rest of the Smp. You and I will go hunting for Dream and Nightmare later."

Punz nods and heals Sam as well.

Fire glints in Sapnap's eyes.

"I'll kill them both."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare travels through the nether portal, travels across the ocean, and finally reaches the small forest where her base is concealed.

After putting in the code in a hidden panel on the side of a mountain, the hidden door opens and she steps through. Making her way to the room where Dream is kept. The door opens and Dream sits in the middle of the floor, knees against his chest. Faint sobs can be heard.

She moves closer and he glances up. His cheeks are tear-stained and his eyes are full of panic. He backs up quickly and whimpers, covering his eyes.

"Hey, Dream, it's okay," she says. He glances up before letting out a small sob and burying his face in his knees.

"Please don't hurt me," he begs, face still hidden.

Y/N quickly removes the mask and hood and he glances up fearfully, tears running down his face.

"I won't, I never had and never will," she says.

"You promise?"

"Promise."

She sits down in front of him and puts out her hand. Dream glances at her and slowly relaxes as she moves closer, slowly. He takes her hand and squeezes it slightly.

"Dream, I'm here for you," she pulls him into her arms.

He hugs her back and cries into her shoulder.

"I'm not safe," he sobs.

She hugs him tighter.

"You're safe with me. I'll protect you. Help you train. Help you enact all the revenge you want."

She lifts his chin so he can look into her eyes.

"You're not my prisoner anymore, I'm not your guard. I'm your friend. I'll stick by your side and help you no matter what."

His terrified green eyes lock onto hers.

"I'm safe from them?" he asks.

"For now, but they'll come to find us. But when they do, you'll be ready to face them."

Oh, how far from the truth that was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Punz!" Sapnap calls from the doorway. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

Punz fills his belt with food, potions, ender pearls, gear, and spare armor.

"C'mon," Sapnap slings his axe over his shoulder with a smirk. "Let's go hunting."

We're coming for you.
We'll strike when you least expect.

——————————————————————————————

1,164 words

Dream and Nightmare vs Punz and Sapnap

Someone's going to get hurt...

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!