38. The Piglin King

Art by @AliciaViscard on Reddit

3rd Person Omniscient POV

Y/N runs through the nether, avoiding lava lakes and killing blazes.

She glances at the letter again.

Dear Phil,

As an anarchist, I have always been opposed to any sort of government that could oppress its people. I have tried many times to make people see but yet to no avail. I can't continue to do this while putting you and others in danger. I was unable to abolish all governments and...
I see an opportunity to create a new one.
It pains me to write this sentence but it's true. The piglins in the nether are without leadership and are constantly oppressed by others around them. I, as a piglin hybrid, feel it is my duty and responsibility to lead them. I have descended to the depths of the nether to become their king. I once was opposed to monarchies and I still am, yet I have become one. I hope to see that with time, I will come to hate monarchies again.

-Technoblade

How on earth could Techno want to be king? Y/N asks herself. He's an anarchist! Opposed to any sort of authority in any way. He isn't oppressing them but it still is a form of government. He wasn't being a tyrant though if they accepted him as king.

Y/N continues traveling until she finds a fortress.

Wait, aren't fortresses differently shaped?

Then she realizes that the fortress has been reconstructed and merged with a bastion to form a castle. 

A king's castle.

Making sure the mask and hood cover her face and hair, she slips through the doors and immediately sees a piglin. The piglin comes forward with its axe but she blocks it with her shield and makes he way to the throne room, the crowd of piglins behind her, growing.

Y/N pushes open the doors to reveal a room made of black stone with a golden throne.

A man sits on the throne.
Shoulder-length pink hair, brown eyes, and short pig-like tusks prod from his mouth and upwards on his face. He's dressed in a white button-down shirt with ruffles and black pants with dark brown leather boots. A red cape trimmed with white fur and fastened with gold floats down his shoulders. A golden crown with red gemstones sits atop his head. His hand leans on the netherite sword's handle.

He smirks as Y/N runs inside and faces him.

The piglins rush in from behind and make a series of grunts and snorts to the king.

The king responds and the piglins back up against the walls, leaving Y/N and the king with some space.

He slowly gets off the throne, twirling his sword in one hand.

Y/N grips her sword tightly and makes sure her discs are accessible.

"Do you know who I am?" he asks in a monotone voice with a soft chuckle.

"I'd say the king of the piglins," Y/N says without a hint of fear.

"Correct," he chuckles again. "So what brings you here?"

"Stopped by for a visit I guess. Wanted to visit the king."

"Well congratulations," he spreads his arm out. "You found me, he smirks. "Unless you're here for a fight?"

"I'm down for a fight, with a king, I guess."

"Oh so you think you can take me?" he scoffs.

"Appearances can be deceiving," she smiles.