42. Origins

Art by @snoweapl on Twitter

Dream POV

I open my eyes and feel warmth all around me.

I bury my head farther into Y/N's stomach and listen to her heavy, even breathing.

"Y/N?" I whisper shaking her awake.

"Mmm?" Her eyes slowly open and she smiles. "What is it?" 

"Why did you leave me?" I ask.

Her expression softens and she sits up to face me.

"I never really had a " family. I was born in a village with a mother who worked as an assassin and my father was killed in a explosion. My mother taught me how to throw discs, knives, make weapons out of whatever was around, be stealthy, kill quickly, fatally wound but not kill, assassin things. When I was 12, pillagers raided the village and my mother was killed."

She takes a deep breath and I pat her hand soothingly.

"Phil found me only a few days after I wandered in the forest."

"Wait Phil? Like Philza Minecraft?" I ask in surprise. His builds were legendary and he has been around for as long as anyone can remember.

"Yes," she giggles quietly. "I answered that question not too long ago."

"He found me and brought me to his home. He had two sons, Techno and Wilbur."

I nod, remembering Techno and I's friendly rivalry and when we teamed together on numerous occasions. And Wilbur, he was the founder of L'Manburg but went crazy and blew up the country, I revived him while in the prison.

"I became closer with Techno since we shared the same fighting skills and since I still had my assassin weapons with me, I practiced with them too. A while later, Phil found Tommy and took him in. Being the only girl was hard but we got along and made many happy memories."

Her face falls slightly before continuing.

"Techno had always voices in his head, they demanded blood, violence, and death whenever they wanted. They were getting stronger and he almost killed me once. He was so fearful that he would hurt us that he left, I was maybe 17? A few months later, I left too, I wanted to find him. I found the Smp and built my base far away. I watched all the chaos and conflict from afar. I watched my other brothers, Wilbur, Tommy, and Techno fight, destroy, attack and do what they believed was right. I remember when everyone was summoned by Punz to kill you, I didn't go. Then I became a guard and you know the rest."

"So they're your brothers?" I ask.

"Sort of, we're not blood related in any way though. I went to the End Dimension to see if I could find Phil. I ended up finding him building and we caught up before he gave me a letter telling me Techno's whereabouts. He promised me that crows would find me around noon each day and bring it take letters to him. I went to the nether and found out that Techno had become king of the piglins, despite his anarchist beliefs. He was still struggling with the voices but I was able to calm him down. After some more talking, he decided to step down and move back to his cabin in the North. I sent a letter to Phil telling him to go back to live with Techno."

"Wait how did you get to the End?" I ask. It was off limits by the god DreamXD.

"I have had past relations with DreamXD and he let me visit the End on one condition, I bring elytras back for you and me."

She pulls out the grey pair of wings and I gasp.

"He said it could be useful in your quest for power."

I finger the smooth texture and smile.

I know exactly when I can use this.

"Your turn," she grins. "I poured out my life story, now you tell me yours."

I grumble as I put the elytra away and try to remember.

"I had an older sister, a younger sister, and a younger brother. I lived in a village with them and my parents. We were pretty normal, I trained in combat and my younger sister was pretty skilled with a trident. But a fire happened, I lost them all in the fire. Except Drista, my younger sister. She ran away and I was never able to find her. I met up with Sapnap and George and we created this Smp. Then history tells the rest." I look down and her hands slides onto mine.

"Why did you change?" she whispers. "You were such a good friend to them in the beginning. What happened?"

"I don't know," I admit. "I was around Wilbur and his evilness kind of rubbed off on me. I wanted to be in control, if I was in control, fights and wars wouldn't happen again. I still feel that control would be best but I don't know how to get it."

"You were alone," she whispers. "You didn't have anyone to help you. Your friends left you and so did you old allies. I'm here for you. I'll help you cause all the chaos you need to get this Smp under control. First allies, then you can take back what is yours. And maybe," she pauses and smiles. "A little revenge on the way."

I feel a smirk spread across my face.

"Why wait?" I ask. "Why not do it now?"

She grins and hands me some steak to eat.

"Let's go then."

She slips on her black outfit and mask, arranges her belt and puts on the pouch holding her discs and knives.

I pull on a dark green hoodie along with my usual attire. A dark green cloak and of course, my mask. I take my armor with me but leave it in my belt so I can move freely.

Y/N and I exit the base and I see the remains of the community house nearby.

Things can't go back to what they once were. But they can be back to how I want them to be.

I pull out the green ink pot and quill she gave me and a wooden sign.

"Is Tommy at his base?" I ask.

"No, he should be with Tubbo."

I grin.

"I want to remind Tommy who is really in charge."

——————————————————————————————

1,118 words

So this is based on Tommy's lore stream but it won't be exactly the same. The prison was just a starting point I used, for now, it will not exactly follow the plot of the Smp but I will add references here and there.

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!