Part 21

Sia: how is it going? Is it done?
Jk: hm. It's all done
Sia: great.
She poured drinks in glasses for her and jungkook.
Sia: cheers for your and Tae's happy life.
Jk: thank you.
They spoke for some time Sia made Jungkook drunk.
Sia took him to her house. Jungkook was not able to walk properly.
Sia: we're arriving home. Be careful. We are here.
Jungkook looked up.
Jk: why am I here? I want to go home. I want to see Jeon Tae Hyung ( he spoke in his drunk voice)
Jungkook started walking away from there but Sia hold him
Sia: get cleaned up at my place to sober up, okay?
Jungkook nodded his head as no.
Sia: everyone will be worried. If they see you like this there?
He was saying no but still, Sia took him to her apartment.

With Tae
Tae was in their room still awake waiting for Jungkook.
Tae: why haven't you come back yet?

At Sia's apartment.
When Jungkook reached the apartment he had fallen asleep Sia changed his clothes. She made him sleep in bed when she was going Jungkook's mobile rang Tae had called him. She immediately turned off the phone and went from there.

Tae was calling him but couldn't contact him. He went to the baby's room. ( Tae and jungkook have been making a room for their baby. The room is full of soft toys and other baby stuff) whenever Tae felt lonely he went into that room it makes him feel that he has his baby with him.
Tae was standing near the window looking at the sky. He placed his hand on his tummy and spoke.
Tae: baby, we trust him, right?? ...Now that he said we are a family ...he'll fulfil his promise. It's like he always showed up in a time when I was in need, right?
He smiled and walked towards the table which was placed in that room. There was a recorder placed there he turned it on a lullaby sang by jungkook played in it. Tae smiled at it.
He kept the recorder close to him and slept while listening to it.

Next morning
Tae got up by a call on his phone. He checked it was from Sia. He received it.
Tae: hello.
Sia: Jungkook is at my place: Come and pick him up.
Tae immediately got up went to his room, got himself ready and was heading out when Mrs Jeon spoke.
Mrs Jeon: Tae where are you going?
Tae: Ummm...to get a gift for grandma.
Mrs Jeon: oh ok and where is Jungkook? He came late last night.
Tae: he went to meet his friend early morning we both are going to get the gift.
Mrs Jeon: okay. Come early okay before the party starts.
With that Tae immediately left for Sia's apartment.
He reached there he was very nervous. But before Tae knocked on the door Sia opened the door with a wide smile.
Sia: I was waiting for you. Come in.
Tae smiled a little and went in.
Sia: Take a seat I will bring water for you.
Tae sat on the sofa but noticed books on the table on how to take baby care, How to keep the baby healthy.
Sia: I am sorry. Jungkook and I were drunk last night so he missed your calls.
Tae: you... Drank too much??
Sia: we chatted casually and recalled those happy moments between us.
Sia smiled widely while Tae started fidgeting with his fingers.
Sia: don't get it wrong. Nothing happened between us last night. I told him it's hard for me to get pregnant.
(Tae looked at her) he told me how it felt to be a dad for the first time. He said he was not a good dad and he would amplify his efforts. I said I will also try to be a good mom. Even if it's an adopted child I will give him all my love.

Tae's eyes got a bit teary.
Tae: won't you continue dancing?
Sia. Well. I am tired. What I am longing for is not a stage but a loving family. (. She took her purse) today they are celebrating their grandma's birthday so I am going to bring a gift for her. So I'll leave Jungkook to you. ( Tae nodded as yes)
Sia: bye
With that, she left.

Tae felt his body numb. His eyes were teary. He looked down not knowing what to do.

After some time Jungkook got up. He frowned when he saw himself in Sia's room. He got up and went to the living room.

Tae looked at him as soon as he entered the living room Jungkook also noticed Tae and looked at him.

He kept quiet for some time then spoke.
Jk: last night I drank too much.
Tae: I know. ( he got up and started walking towards the kitchen counter) Sia has already told me. I'll get you a cup of tea.